Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Commercial bullet production isn't the same as selling reloaded ammunition. Doesn't mean the idiot unelected civil servants don't stick their noses in. Mostly about environmental issues over using melted lead.
    Reloading as a business requires licences from all levels of government. Plus local zoning by-laws. As in you cannot operate a business in a residential area, etc. You cannot sell your reloaded ammo without all the permits and licences.
    "...pay a machine shop..." At over $100 per hour plus set up time and having machinists drawings made. Cost you more than it'd be worth. And even 37mm cannon shells were not machined. They were drawn just like any cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMan View Post
    If I were you, I'd enjoy my newly minted freedom & call it a day.
    If he’s “officially rehabilitated” in the eyes of the legal system, he’s allowed to participate in any aspect of society he wants, pending any restrictions/barriers to entry that he wouldn’t qualify for. Including generating revenue legally.

Depending on his particular status, he may not qualify for ammunition production/sales. For example, he may not yet be bondable, even if his PAL is being resorted.

He is “formerly guilty, now presumed mostly innocent of future guilt”.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    If he’s “officially rehabilitated” in the eyes of the legal system, he’s allowed to participate in any aspect of society he wants, pending any restrictions/barriers to entry that he wouldn’t qualify for. Including generating revenue legally.

Depending on his particular status, he may not qualify for ammunition production/sales. For example, he may not yet be bondable, even if his PAL is being resorted.

He is “formerly guilty, now presumed mostly innocent of future guilt”.
    Damn bro, can I quote this and include it with my PAL application?

Thanks.

-Jamie M.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    how big is the market for this 37mm,, or perhaps I do not understand,, your making this for re-sale or to fire,,

sounds dangours,, what time we launching

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    how big is the market for this 37mm,, or perhaps I do not understand,, your making this for re-sale or to fire,,

Perhaps I'm the only one with a 37mm? I can't find much of anything for it (in Canada at least). I'll probably send a message to Aztech Armory and see if they can import some 37mm stuff.

I am making them mostly for me to fire. The range I'm signing up with is indoor only so not really sure where I'm going to be able to test it and fire it

I have to get a machine shop to make some 37mm cases (one style for smoke grenades, one for flares, and one for inert projectiles) so figured to offset some of my costs I'd get a bunch made and sell the rest.

I'll let you know when I'm ready and have a place then we can launch

-Jamie M.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    my back yard,,,,??

DSCN0845.jpg

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

firemachine69 (10-09-2018)

I haven't heard people talk about 37mm launchers for several year. Seems like the fad died off in the mid 2000s. There used to be a market for them. Now, not soo much. They are like everything. Over priced. What cost 150-200 is over 600.

There are 37mm cases that uses cut down 38 spl. That you can throw in a spoon full of BP, washer, and weighted film canister.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

my back yard,,,,??
    Damn that's beautiful. How do you get your internet?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I haven't heard people talk about 37mm launchers for several year. Seems like the fad died off in the mid 2000s. There used to be a market for them. Now, not soo much. They are like everything. Over priced. What cost 150-200 is over 600.

There are 37mm cases that uses cut down 38 spl. That you can throw in a spoon full of BP, washer, and weighted film canister.
    I had tons of those cases for 40mm but they are just a bit too big for my Havoc 37mm launcher. Do you have a source for the 37mm ones? With the weight of my projectiles I'm not sure I'd trust the fiberglass cases but would work for some of them. Send a PM if you want.

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Damn bro, can I quote this and include it with my PAL application?

Thanks.

-Jamie M.
    Go for it if you like. But I can’t see it helping much. CFOs don’t seem to see much grey and your situation should be pretty black and white as there’s a lengthy court decision for reference, no?

It’s a catch 22 kinda thing. Can never seem to find reliable sources of both at the same time. But a couple businesses now seem to be getting access to regular supply of the launchers. And one of them seems to think they’ll be able to get ammo somewhat regularly.

Of course, if they come out from under ITAR, that can all change. But don’t hold your breath on that. Looks like a lot of it is just being reclassified if it’s remotely MIO/LEO...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast