Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PPC Shooters

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Attachment 9269

Just to get a sense of the scores, Mike and Shawn are shooting revolvers, Calvin & David are both shooting CZs iirc.
    900 is the highest possible score. 90 rounds shot in a match.
    So this includes a 50yrd round, with 6 prone, 6 sitting, and iirc 6 standing right hand barricade. There might be 6rnds left hand barricade but I'm terrible at trying to remember the course of fire.

Anyways you can see the match percentage of the autos being a good chunk lower than the revolvers. Likely missed shots from the 50yrds.
    Every 10% is 9rnds if I math correctly, a possible 90 points missed out on. Min score on a hit is 7 iirc, so even just getting in a scoring zone is 63 points for those 9 rounds.
    Calvin is in the mid 800s when shooting the same pistol in the duty match, which only goes to 25yrds. Same number of rounds fired.

I just wanted to illustrate the difficulty and the importance of the 50yrd rounds in ppc shoots.
    Not picking on David or Calvin either, cause they know I sit right around that score on a good day.
    Yeah It's going to be challenging. I was just screwing around, trying to figure out where It hits.

Probably 50/50 @ 25 and 50M. Nothing like aiming off target to hit left hand at 50.

Gotta practice the weak hand more.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Match was today..

Unfortunately my CZ failed the trigger test. So I had to go in blind with a gun, I didn't shoot past 20M. So I botched the 50M stages. 25M was off a bit.

But I did beat the goal I set. I wanted to shoot at least 1000 points. I did get a 1038/1500. Not bad for my first official PPC match, going in blind.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

lone-wolf (09-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Unfortunately my CZ failed the trigger test.
    Damn, so too light of a trigger pull?
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Damn, so too light of a trigger pull?
    Yes 2lb 11 oz. So I had to use the backup GP K100.

The first 50m stage since I had no idea where I was shooting. 67 out of 240 ouch.....

1402/1500 for #1 spot, damn! That guy can shoot.
    Shawn, Mike, & Bill are the guys I usually shoot with.

How many are using autos? Any of the top guys?

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

1402/1500 for #1 spot, damn! That guy can shoot.
    Shawn, Mike, & Bill are the guys I usually shoot with.

How many are using autos? Any of the top guys?
    Yeah It was shocking. And he wasn't that old. I say late 20s early 30s. Seemed like 60% used semi autos.

5th and 6th place were using semi's. Not sure if 1st place was using one. Actually I think he was using maybe a Sig 226 Long slide.

I cannot wait till next year. I think I'm just putting the stock hammer back in. Then trying to put a super heavy mainspring in to get my trigger up. Then having to play with the recoil spring to work for my loads.

Finally broke 800 with a 815/900 today at the duty shoot, no greater than 25yrds.

I'm really not great left handed. I wonder if a ambi safety might help, I use a high thumb on the safety hold with my right but there's no safety to do that with my left hand.

One of the guys said if someone breathed on his trigger when they did the trigger pull weighing at the ns match, he wouldn't of passed lol

Finally broke 800 with a 815/900 today at the duty shoot, no greater than 25yrds.

I'm really not great left handed. I wonder if a ambi safety might help, I use a high thumb on the safety hold with my right but there's no safety to do that with my left hand.

One of the guys said if someone breathed on his trigger when they did the trigger pull weighing at the ns match, he wouldn't of passed lol
    Congrats. I wish our club did longer matches. But it's the same ol every week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123