Thread: Need a scope

Need a scope

Got a browning xbolt hells canyon LR 7mm for a gift. Now need to get a scope for it. Between Vortex HST 6x25 or leupold vx3i 6.5 x 20. Price wise about the same. Never had neither brand so any opinions will be helpful.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    After my experiences with both Vortex and Leupold, Leupold is a FAR better product hands down.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

If pricing is the same, Leupold all the way. I have ones than are 15 years old, still fog free, great clarity, very helpful customer service if you call or email.

Maybe Night Force is the only brand I would take above Leupold, but pricing becomes a factor.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Run 'n' Gun View Post
    If pricing is the same, Leupold all the way. I have ones than are 15 years old, still fog free, great clarity, very helpful customer service if you call or email.

Maybe Night Force is the only brand I would take above Leupold, but pricing becomes a factor.

Agree 100%. Dollars being equal, the leupold is the clear winner. Both have great warranties. Both will perform well. But the leupold is likely a bit better glass. My favourite scope that I own is a VX-3i.