Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    ok when nothing else works,,

as mention post 48,,

have had a couple stuck like yours

remove gun from stock, remove barrel, place barrel in vice,, drill a hole next to the primer, pick out primer, shake powder out of case

once you have a hole use plyers need nose and start pulling/ripping/tearing in a circular direction trying to collapse one side on the case,,

insert a steel nail between the case and chamber and work it in the length of the chamber you may scratch the chamber but its way harder then the case or the nail,, keep pulling on the case

not the approved gun mech method and you may do some damage (unlikely)

had this happen in a Mosin Nagant ,, guns fine

Anyone ever used a punch the same diameter of the case and fully seated the cartridge? But if you have driven the projectile back into the case there might be a pressure issue if you shot it after fully seating it.
    My next attempt would be to drill the projectile out. Small drill bit welded to a rod and drill out the bullet. Then just keep increasing the size of the drill bit till the bullet is almost gone. Then pound out the case from the muzzle end.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Anyone ever used a punch the same diameter of the case and fully seated the cartridge? But if you have driven the projectile back into the case there might be a pressure issue if you shot it after fully seating it.
    My next attempt would be to drill the projectile out. Small drill bit welded to a rod and drill out the bullet. Then just keep increasing the size of the drill bit till the bullet is almost gone. Then pound out the case from the muzzle end.
    I'm afraid that won't work. You need a flat cutter like an end mill to get rid of the point on your bullet other wise the drill bit will wonder and break. You also should use drillrod stock that is a good (diameter )fit. the tighter the rod, the more control you have. Once you have removed the bullet point, then out comes the drill bit. All you need now is to drill a pilot hole and then any size bit will do. This stuff is really easy to cut/drill.

Forgot to mention, use lots of heavy oil on the drillrod stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Might be a pressure issue?

WHAT? Maybe you could reconsider the physics of this suggestion?

These are possibly the two worst suggestions I have ever heard. Seriously dude, spend a minute or so thinking about both of these ideas and it will become blindingly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by grc1 View Post
    I'm afraid that won't work. You need a flat cutter like an end mill to get rid of the point on your bullet other wise the drill bit will wonder and break. You also should use drillrod stock that is a good (diameter )fit. the tighter the rod, the more control you have. Once you have removed the bullet point, then out comes the drill bit. All you need now is to drill a pilot hole and then any size bit will do. This stuff is really easy to cut/drill.

Forgot to mention, use lots of heavy oil on the drillrod stock.
    If the point is to destroy the barrel, there are simpler and easier ways to do it. No need to run a hardened metal cutter down the barrel.

Thank you for the advice guys, but it outstretched my abilities and patience so it’s been brought in to the Gun Dealer in Macadam.
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Thank you for the advice guys, but it outstretched my abilities and patience so it’s been brought in to the Gun Dealer in Macadam.
    hope the barrel is still good...will be nice to know what they had to do to get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    hope the barrel is still good...will be nice to know what they had to do to get it out.
    Will be better to have an idea of what caused it, and maybe how to avoid a similar situation for someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Will be better to have an idea of what caused it, and maybe how to avoid a similar situation for someone else...
    I'm pretty sure the cause was over zealous chambering of the round....if the bolt doesn't want to close there is probably a good reason! but I could be wrong...lol

Petamocto, for educational purposes, when all is said and done can you let us know what they did and what they found? It may help others in their he future. Hope it works out and your barrel isnít pooched.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By GTW

Billythreefeathers (11-08-2018), SIR VEYOR (11-06-2018)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456