Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You didn’t seriously expect him to admit that C-71 is simply one more step in the civil disarmament agenda, did you?
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

AddOnArmor (11-06-2018), shortandlong (10-18-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    You didn’t seriously expect him to admit that C-71 is simply one more step in the civil disarmament agenda, did you?
    lol...no. But I have enjoyed rankling him. The second OCV campaign to the Senate accused him of using Liberal talking points. Boy did that upset him. He tried to swear he was independent and sponsored this bill on its own merit. BS of course, he's as much a puppet of the Liberal government as the PM himself is of Butts. So every opportunity I get to rankle him I do.

On a serious note though, I copied the other Senators so that they will be "armed" with my response to Pratte's bs that they will likely be hearing from him either in committee or on the floor of the Senate or whatever. I realize many of them too are as partisan as Pratte, but many aren't. In fact there appears to be at least one Trudeau appointed independent Senator (Dalphond) that is questioning this bill hard.
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions
    An Open Letter to Canadian Gun Owners

4. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

Billythreefeathers (11-08-2018), CLW .45 (10-18-2018), Coke (11-08-2018), Smc (11-08-2018), Swampdonkey (11-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    It is nothing but confiscation by attrition. What burns me is newer firearms owners are still considering compromises with no idea of how many have been made to date with no reciprocity from the government. Noncompliance is becoming the only option left.
    It's the best option IMO.
    Pump actions speak louder than words

Grandfathering is kinda like a house arrest life sentence.

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Sinbad

Swampdonkey (11-08-2018), TheMerlin (11-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by infidel29 View Post
    It's the best option IMO.
    Best for the Liberals.

Hard to convince someone that they will lose their Model 94, if you still have your prohib whatevers.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

Billythreefeathers (11-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Some are. But I hope the vast majority don't. Though they would then be limiting usage on their own for fear of getting caught.
    That's the rub, isn't it.

This isn't about what the government does or doesn't know you have, because they likely aren't coming for them anyway...at least physically coming for them that is.

It's about usage. That's the end point. Having a gun that the government doesn't know about gets you nothing if its use is still prohibited. Having a framework structured so that If you do use it and get caught, you're screwed, is sufficient.

The government is well aware of this, and that is why their path will be twofold...1) remove the sale/ownership options, and 2) stop the usage (re: transport). That's all they need to do and that is far and away the most cost effective path because, in their eyes at least, it means they have a method to effectively remove guns without compensating anyone. Granted, that last bit will be challenged in the courts eventually by someone, so who knows how it will pan out. But this is Canada, so quite likely in the governments favor.

This is also why we are seeing so much discussion around ammo, and preventing certain calibres of ammo being sold. It removes the ability of the owner to use the gun. Knowing who owns what isn't nearly as critical...they're able to f*&k over every gun owner quite easily with ammo restrictions/removals, that's the goal, that makes it a big win.
    Last edited by Soph; 11-08-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    Governments exists in one of three states at all times:

-Currently malevolent
    -Having been malevolent
    -Returning to a state of malevolence

It is a simple consequence of the human animal gathering into groups and obtaining and maintaining power. The outcome is natural, unavoidable, and absolute.

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Soph

LB303 (11-08-2018), Swampdonkey (11-08-2018), TheMerlin (11-08-2018)

Doug, great letter and your back and forth with these people is nothing short of mind blowing. I can’t imagine doing that, I just don’t have the patience for it or them. Thank you Doug. We all owe you a beer.

One thing that I find odd about the whole SA/CZ/12.9 issue is this: if these firearms are so dangerous, such fully automatic baby killers...how is it that grandfathering is an acceptable safety solution? If they are so patently dangerous to public safety that they should be prohibited, how is then that they are still safe enough to keep possession of? Why not take them away, melt them down, chop them up, whatever if they are so dangerous? It’s simple. It’s because they aren’t. But it’s telling that not even the government thinks these are “exceptionally” dangerous, and it’s telling me that this is nothing more than ideological gun grabbing bs.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By TheMerlin

Billythreefeathers (11-09-2018)

"One thing that I find odd about the whole SA/CZ/12.9 issue is this: if these firearms are so dangerous, such fully automatic baby killers...how is it that grandfathering is an acceptable safety solution? "

It's actually quite simple. The agenda isn't public safety, it is civil disarmament. They (Liberals going back generations) know it can't be done in one fell swoop. So they go after the low hanging fruit (hence 12.6 "Saturday night specials"). Then they wait a bit and go after the next round of low hanging fruit. Each time they ban a wide swatch of firearms and sell it to the public as public safety. But they know it isn't and don't care. Just part of the march to total disarmament.

Now if we could get the media to call them on it we might have a case to embarrass them into reversing course. But the media (most) just doesn't care.
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions
    An Open Letter to Canadian Gun Owners

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

ESnel (11-08-2018), Swampdonkey (11-08-2018)

For reasons passing understanding, people do not relate guns to gun-related crime.
    -- character "Andrew Shepard", from movie "The American President (1995)", by Aaron Sorkin

vs

I had an casual conversation with a senior staff member of the PCO a few days ago and he laughed at the topic of gun control. "Everyone knows the issue of gun control is just politics, any politician who tells you it is about public safety is a liar. Hunters don't rob the corner store"
    -- Strangeday, 2014/04/27

17. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

3MTA3 (11-08-2018), CLW .45 (11-08-2018), Coke (11-08-2018), Swampdonkey (11-08-2018), TheMerlin (11-08-2018)

Decided that being pink is in
    And here is the great flaw in a non-EEE senate. this person has absolutely no skin in this game, he is appointed for life and completely unaccountable to us If he had to worry about reelection we might see a whole different attitude.

19. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FallisCowboy

Billythreefeathers (11-09-2018), Coke (11-08-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast