Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you know it was Write the Senate Wednesday?

Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Doug_M

awndray (10-10-2018)

Sweet! Almost as fun as "Phone Goodale Fridays'!
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Soph View Post
    Sweet! Almost as fun as "Phone Goodale Fridays'!
    That was fun wasn’t it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions

Done

Dear Senator,

Please, apply the following to your deliberations on C-71 and any other firearms bill that comes before you.

You have a right to life, liberty, security of the person, property, and arms.

Government does not grant those rights, they simply recognize or refuse to recognize them.

The proper function of government is to recognize and protect the rights of the individual.

Every restriction and prohibition of the use, carriage, and possession of firearms violates the rights of your loved ones, your neighbours, and your enemies. Yes, your enemies have rights!

No firearms bill is legitimate unless it repeals criminalization, prohibition, and the requirement to demonstrate need.

Yours sincerely,
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

Doug_M (10-10-2018), manic29 (10-12-2018), ruger#1 (10-11-2018)

Done.

Dear Senator,

This government has been pushing bill C-71 at one of the most trustworthy groups of Canadians, while giving criminal gang members a free pass. Bill C-71 aims to push more laws on those that would follow the laws in an attempt to stop those who don't follow laws in the first place.

Canadian gun owners are more closely vetted and monitored than any other group of Canadians; even paroled sex offenders or murderers.

We are more closely scrutinized than our elected officials.

As a Canadian Senator, were you required to provide the contact information for all of your conjugal partners over the last 2 years for any reason other than perhaps a PAL application? I was, simply to renew my license, even while in good standing.

As a firearms owner, my name is run through CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) EVERY DAY to see if maybe I might have misbehaved. I feel like I am treated as guilty simply for owning firearms. Is this how you would treat your friends or anyone you respected?

Bill C-71 puts its cross hairs on law abiding citizens, while the Liberal Party of Canada refers to us as THUGS. (Reference supplied)

Show this Liberal Government that you will stand up for good, law abiding citizens of Canada and work to put a stop to this legislation aimed at the wrong target.
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAF&G
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By DanN

Doug_M (10-10-2018), manic29 (10-12-2018), ruger#1 (10-11-2018)

Senator Pratte replied.

Senator Pratte replied.

Thank you for your e-mail.

In Canada, there does not exist a right to possess and carry firearms. The Supreme Court of Canada has asserted that gun possession is a privilege, and therefore subject to regulation, not a fundamental right. Thankfully, we live in Canada, not in the United States.

Best regards,

My response.

Senator,

Your response, stating that the Supreme Court has ruled that no right to arms exists in Canada, is illuminating.

The existence of the right to life, liberty, security of the person, property, and arms is a fact that is not within the purview of the Supreme Court. The court may rule that Parliament has the authority to refuse to recognize those rights, but cannot rule that the rights do not exist.

If the court were to legitimately rule that the constitution permits government to refuse to recognize our rights, the ruling would be correctly construed to say that the constitution must be revised to remove that power from government.

There are few things that we may legitimately demand of government. Perhaps the most important is recognition and protection of our rights - all of them!

Thank you,
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

Doug_M (10-11-2018), manic29 (10-12-2018), ruger#1 (10-11-2018)

Senator Harder replied.

Your construction of rights is that of the United States constitution. In Canada we have “peace, order and good government”.

My response.

Senator,

My construction of rights, as you put it, does have something in common with the United States Constitution. While both have some basis in Magna Carta, which recognized the right to arms, all of the rights I mentioned are the natural rights of individuals.

As I said to Senator Pratte, in response to his reply, “Your response, stating that the Supreme Court has ruled that no right to arms exists in Canada, is illuminating.

The existence of the right to life, liberty, security of the person, property, and arms is a fact that is not within the purview of the Supreme Court. The court may rule that Parliament has the authority to refuse to recognize those rights, but cannot rule that the rights do not exist.

If the court were to legitimately rule that the constitution permits government to refuse to recognize our rights, the ruling would be correctly construed to say that the constitution must be revised to remove that power from government.

There are few things that we may legitimately demand of government. Perhaps the most important is recognition and protection of our rights - all of them!”

“Peace, order, and good government” has not described Canada during my lifetime, although I accepted the delusion that the government had our best interests at heart when I was a child.

As father and grandfather, I have put away childish things.

No politician, no bureaucrat, nor any well-meaning busybody is qualified to interfere in the individual’s personal decision as to the means, time, or place that is appropriate for being armed to protect the lives, liberty, and security of the persons he loves.

Thank you for your prompt response.

12. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

DanN (10-11-2018), Doug_M (10-11-2018), IJ22 (10-18-2018), manic29 (10-12-2018), ruger#1 (10-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    My response.
    Exactly right. Self-defence is a natural right, and as human beings are not created equally (in strength, intelligence, size, etc) weapons are an inherent part of that right. In Canada the suppression of that right is not exclusive to firearms. A woman cannot legally carry pepper spray in her purse for predator defence, for example.

14. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

CLW .45 (10-11-2018), manic29 (10-12-2018), ruger#1 (10-11-2018)

hammer those tyrants!! with the truth

Today’s offering.

Dear Senator,

C-71 is a travesty. The government pretends that it is about gang shootings and crime.

Put bluntly, they lie!

This bill must not pass!

Yours sincerely,

17. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

Doug_M (10-18-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast