Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yep, refinishing is the least expensive route but I would give Wolverine a call just to get their opinion on the issue, if nothing else they can alert CZ to the issue.

If you're serious about long distance precision shooting (http://rimfireprecision.ca), the MDT chassis is nice solution but $400 is the starting point, the stock and grip are extra.

The RIA M22 is a nice enough rifle but not in the CZ class, I have one upgraded with a few 10/22 parts from when I was undecided on whether to go the 10/22 or the CZ route. My thinking at the time was that if I did go with the 10/22 all the upgrade parts would be usable in the 10/22 but, I settled on the CZ so one of these days there will be a nice and upgrade RIA M22 for sale!
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would quickly post to let you know the outcome. I had contacted Wolverine for advice; after consulting with CZ, they offered to replace my stock under warranty; in the mean time, they said I could remove the soluble finish in the etched areas of the stock, and refinish and reseal. Perfect, I could still keep shooting.

I picked up some Minwax ebony stain to replace the dark stain in the etching; I also picked up a can of Minwax Tongue oil to seal it with. When I washed out the the original stain in the wife's laundry sink (with her permission BTW), it just flushed away with the water. A bit of agitation from a tooth brush, and it was all gone in less than one minute. Two coats of stain and 24 hours later, a heavy application of the Tongue oil to the etched area, and light application over the rest of the stock (inside and out); after sitting 5 minutes, buffed it out, let it cure a couple of days before putting the barrel back in the stock.

It turned out so good, that I canceled the warranty claim with Wolverine! Many thanks to them for their willingness to help and their very prompt replies to my communications! I will certainly be considering them for future purchases! (I wish I lived closer!)

Before:
    Capture5.jpg

After:
    IMG_0318.jpg

3. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By MarkR

chrisc (Yesterday), GTW (10-20-2018), kennymo (Yesterday), lone-wolf (10-20-2018), Mark-II (10-20-2018), Stew (10-20-2018)

Holy crap that looks beautiful! Nice work!

-Jamie M.

Pretty crazy how easy it was to remove the old stain
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Nice work MarkR.
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Pretty crazy how easy it was to remove the old stain
    Indeed; I wonder if it may have been a supplier screw-up; and they were shipped the pigment in carriers, but they forgot to put the resin in it.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Holy crap that looks beautiful! Nice work!

-Jamie M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    Nice work MarkR.
    Thanks guys; I was happy to restore it to it's original appearance. My wife really likes the look of this rifle, and the stock in particular!
    Last edited by MarkR; Yesterday at 06:26 AM.

I think you ended up with a far superior example, I hope you sent/send pictures (lots) to CZ and CZ Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I think you ended up with a far superior example, I hope you sent/send pictures (lots) to CZ and CZ Canada
    I sent pictures to Wolverine; that is who I was dealing with; they are the warranty center, and they were great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12