Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yep, refinishing is the least expensive route but I would give Wolverine a call just to get their opinion on the issue, if nothing else they can alert CZ to the issue.

If you're serious about long distance precision shooting (http://rimfireprecision.ca), the MDT chassis is nice solution but $400 is the starting point, the stock and grip are extra.

The RIA M22 is a nice enough rifle but not in the CZ class, I have one upgraded with a few 10/22 parts from when I was undecided on whether to go the 10/22 or the CZ route. My thinking at the time was that if I did go with the 10/22 all the upgrade parts would be usable in the 10/22 but, I settled on the CZ so one of these days there will be a nice and upgrade RIA M22 for sale!
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would quickly post to let you know the outcome. I had contacted Wolverine for advice; after consulting with CZ, they offered to replace my stock under warranty; in the mean time, they said I could remove the soluble finish in the etched areas of the stock, and refinish and reseal. Perfect, I could still keep shooting.

I picked up some Minwax ebony stain to replace the dark stain in the etching; I also picked up a can of Minwax Tongue oil to seal it with. When I washed out the the original stain in the wife's laundry sink (with her permission BTW), it just flushed away with the water. A bit of agitation from a tooth brush, and it was all gone in less than one minute. Two coats of stain and 24 hours later, a heavy application of the Tongue oil to the etched area, and light application over the rest of the stock (inside and out); after sitting 5 minutes, buffed it out, let it cure a couple of days before putting the barrel back in the stock.

It turned out so good, that I canceled the warranty claim with Wolverine! Many thanks to them for their willingness to help and their very prompt replies to my communications! I will certainly be considering them for future purchases! (I wish I lived closer!)

Before:
    Capture5.jpg

After:
    IMG_0318.jpg

3. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By MarkR

GTW (Today), lone-wolf (Today), Mark-II (Today), Stew (Today)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12