Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Drache: Is that a Tikka CTR sitting on the Rover's hood?
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    Drache: Is that a Tikka CTR sitting on the Rover's hood?
    Tikka T3X CTR sitting in a Mcmillian A5 stock sporting a Vortex Viper HST 6-24x50

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Drache

Magi (09-17-2018)

Nice! I have only just started taking mine to the range but took a liking to it as soon as I handled it, it's the most accurate rifle I currently own.
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

My father spotted a 6 point mule in this area early that day so I went for a hike the other day by myself and it was spooky. Thick fog, ground covered by moss, trees about 15 feet apart, and dead silence. .

As I was walking along I noticed a piece of a jaw bone from a deer on the ground. I looked a little further along and at the base of the tree was the spine, couple leg bones (broken), hip bone, etc. Then I looked up. About 10 feet up the tree wedged in a crook was the skull of a 3 point mule.

Looks like it had been there for a season as the bones were all cleaned (but not really old).

Cougar kill maybe? I climbed the tree and brought the skull down. I didn't have a camera with me at the time so I brought the skull out for further examination.

Other than that I spotted a about 30 deer over the weekend. Almost all does although there was a really nice three point that jumped a fence into private property then literally stuck his tongue out at me! That was pretty funny.

Also spotted a huge bull moose following a cow up a hillside from about 1200 yards out. That was nice to watch.

Oh and I have to share this!

DSC_3095_tonemapped.jpg

I have tried most of the mountain house meals before. Some are good, some make me gag

The hardest thing for me though is to find breakfast while out hunting. Usually leave before first light and will be sitting somewhere. Until I found these! Mountain House Granola with blueberries! Package says to use cold water but I went in with my Stanley thermos filled with hot water. Best breakfast I have ever had while out hunting! Not the cheapest breakfast for $7.95 but well worth it and get my full until dinner that evening.

In reality it was porridge with milk, blueberries, and brown sugar!

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Drache

GTW (10-09-2018), ruger#1 (10-09-2018)

Nice variety. I keep seeing bears. And a few grouse. Three more days. Then gone for two weeks.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

looks like nice country
    Tax this!

.!..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12