Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Imo, because there are instructions and conditions on leaving a firearm in an unattended vehicle there must have been some anticipation of that.
    Time and location of unattendance would become the issue. What would be reasonable.

Decided that being pink is in
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi05 View Post
    Imo, because there are instructions and conditions on leaving a firearm in an unattended vehicle there must have been some anticipation of that.
    Time and location of unattendance would become the issue. What would be reasonable.
    And there is that stupid R word that is so often selectively abused by our courts and bureaucrats. Apparently it is "reasonable" for an LEO to leave firearms overnight in their cars, hence the recent thefts from those cars and no charges for the LEO. But if an ordinary gun owners leaves a gun locked in her vehicle, on her driveway, for 2 hours after getting home, that is "unreasonable" and boom charges.

^^ won't disagree.
    Also, define reasonable.
    A truck driver is used to 1000kms a day, 50kms off route is nothing.

I heard of a case some time ago when someone had some loose shotgun shells in the cupholder of his car and he was charged for that.

Quote Originally Posted by aharwood View Post
    I heard of a case some time ago when someone had some loose shotgun shells in the cupholder of his car and he was charged for that.
    What would they be charged with? Extra points if you can even find the actual file.

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by aharwood View Post
    Better not open the trunk of my buddy SUV. Last time I've seen it. A box of 12 ga broke open and they were rolling around in the back for months.

Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    What would they be charged with? Extra points if you can even find the actual file.
    This might be a case mentioned on the cssa website under "legal" or something like that. Sounds familiar either way

This is not the one I was thinking of but, anyway

https://cssa-cila.org/legals/legal-s...and-transport/

What if you ran out of gas, or your car broke down and had to be towed? Do you leave you pistol in the truck while you go for gas, or bring it with?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
    What if you ran out of gas, or your car broke down and had to be towed? Do you leave you pistol in the truck while you go for gas, or bring it with?
    If it's towed, then leave it in the case, and when the taxi shows up bring it with you in the taxi.
    If you walk for gas, then leave it in the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by FirearmsActRegulations
    Transportation of Restricted Firearms

11 An individual may transport a restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device;

(c) it is in a locked container that is made of an opaque material and is of such strength, construction and nature that it cannot readily be broken open or into or accidentally opened during transportation; and

(d) if it is in a container described in paragraph (c) that is in an unattended vehicle,

(i) when the vehicle is equipped with a trunk or similar compartment that can be securely locked, the container is in that trunk or compartment and the trunk or compartment is securely locked, and

(ii) when the vehicle is not equipped with a trunk or similar compartment that can be securely locked, the vehicle, or the part of the vehicle that contains the container, is securely locked and the container is not visible from outside the vehicle.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...html#h-1020008

11. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Roland Deschain (07-28-2019)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast