Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Transportation questions.

Hey all, few quick questions about firearm transportation.

Say, i plan to go to a range after work, can i bring my restricted firearm with me (Of course locked in a case with trigger lock attached & in the trunk) then go to the range after work?

Or do i have to get home to pickup my gun after work then head over to the range?

Also, another case scenario, if i want to go to the range with my friends in one car,

is it ok to have my guns in the trunk (Locked in case) and go pick up my friend who brings his own guns then head to the range?

Some ppl told me that i must head over to the range straight back and forth only from home, without any detours.

RobertMcC
    No you cannot not. You must store them at home, and after work travel and pick them up. Your ATT does not cover your place of work.

Yes picking up a friend while heading to the range is fine. I stop for a bite to eat and a coffee. Before I head home from the range on Friday nights.

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

JB1103 (09-14-2018), Roland Deschain (07-28-2019)

Thanks for clarifying! Much appreciated!

Just one more question, is hardshell ammo box a must when im heading to the range or can i just use any bag to carry ammo?
    Last edited by JB1103; 09-15-2018 at 06:06 PM.

You don't need to transport ammo in one case vs. Another. You're not required to lock up ammo fitting transport either. You're required to keep non restricted empty and restricteds empty and locked up double.

I use the same backpack for ammo as I use as a carry on when I fly. Needless to say I check real carefulill for loose rounds before I go to the airport.

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1103 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying! Much appreciated!

Just one more questions, is hardshell ammo box a must when im heading to the range or can i just use any bag to carry ammo?
    Any bag. 98% of the guys I shoot with just throws it in whatever ( PB jar, to proper ammo dividers ) and into a range bag. As long as the gun being transported by law. It doesn't matter.

Check with the CFO concerning your transport question, you may be allowed to, some have.

Rcmp freind of mine I shot with said, " direct route, no stopping at canadian tire for ammo "

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    No you cannot not. You must store them at home, and after work travel and pick them up. Your ATT does not cover your place of work.

Yes picking up a friend while heading to the range is fine. I stop for a bite to eat and a coffee. Before I head home from the range on Friday nights.
    I always thought this was silly. It will cover my hotel room when traveling to shoots in other cities but won't cover my vehicle in my own city.

That being said I am probably one of the lucky few whose ATT does allow me to take his restricted firearms to work but still :P

Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    Rcmp freind of mine I shot with said, " direct route, no stopping at canadian tire for ammo "
    One thing I've learned, never ask an RCMP Officer about Firearms Law

10. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Drache

Aniest (07-26-2019), awndray (07-29-2019), shootemup604 (09-17-2018), srdiver (08-04-2019)

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    I always thought this was silly. It will cover my hotel room when traveling to shoots in other cities but won't cover my vehicle in my own city.

That being said I am probably one of the lucky few whose ATT does allow me to take his restricted firearms to work but still :P

One thing I've learned, never ask an RCMP Officer about Firearms Law
    Yeah but you work at a gun store, so your ATT covers that.

I don't ask officers firearm laws. I ask them would you charge someone if they did this?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Yeah but you work at a gun store, so your ATT covers that.
    Well it's because we are a gunsmithing shop foremost that allows me to take my guns to work to give them a nice bath while listening to some Barry Manilow.

But it all shows you how much of a joke the ATT system is.

"No your ATT does not allow you to keep your guns locked up inside your vehicle while at work for 8 hours. We don't care if you have to travel an hour to work, then back an hour, then drive again past work for another hour to go to the range! Oh you're traveling to a different city for a couple days? Go right ahead then!"

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Drache

Roland Deschain (07-28-2019)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast