Trying to be Ready...

Was practising at 45yds in the bush this summer and happy but then renos has kept me away for seven weeks....

Opening day tomorrow and all I can get is 27yds in my backyard, better than nothing. Flung the first 3 at the small bullseye, fairly happy. Have lunch and shoot a bunch more.

The Decree is an unforgiving rig, 6 brace and an IBO of 355 FPS, I need to get a bigger property that is more rural LOL.

47FB87E6-7F56-498F-BB70-6B1B6528B99D.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 2012Cvoguy

lone-wolf (09-08-2018), Rory McCanuck (08-31-2018)

Didn't get in as much practise as I would've liked either.... But stretched it out to 55 at the farm a couple weeks back, doing acceptably well at that range. Some 20 metre shooting at the indoor range up the street was hopefully enough. Not much time left since I'll be in a blind tomorrow AM, lol
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

This year is gonna be my first try for archery. Not expecting anything lol best way to not be super disappointed.
    The truth will set you reeeeeeeee!
    Canada 2019 - It's gonna be a riot.

Went out last evening. Saw just a coyote. Would have narrowed it if I had a clear shot just for the practice. Sadly I got nothing.
    The truth will set you reeeeeeeee!
    Canada 2019 - It's gonna be a riot.

"...27yds in my backyard..." Kind of depends on what you're getting ready for, but 27 yards is plenty for most ground level deer hunting shots. Only issue that might crop up is shooting in your back yard. Most no discharge by laws apply to bows too.
    The only other thing is the loss of muscle tone in your back and shoulders from not shooting for 7 weeks. It doesn't take much down time to lose muscle tone. All the lifting and toting involved with a reno probably took care of that though.

Im in a tree stand but have my distances marked on all axis of my lanes. I dunno, Im in a regional district - no city and Im shooting into a tunnel from a series of retaining walls, chances of an errant arrow escaping are nil. Plus my one neighbor that can see me is cool with it.....

The farmers around us can discharge shotgun, but I will certainly look into it!

I set up a bit different now, and gained an extra 6 yards..... used some old ratchet straps to compress 3 hay bales together, slipped some construction husky bags around them and 2 industrial 3/4 thick industrial mats in front.

Trying to fling at least 50 a day now but it is for the late archery season now as I finished the flooring only an hour ago, wife is very, very happy and rifle season kicks off on Monday!!!

5A00E4FE-1A38-4724-9B55-7FF32C743D21.jpg