Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gun Stores and ranges in Peel Region

I am still waiting on my PAL, and in order to contain the anxiety of waiting for my boom stick license; I've been trying with 0 success to find a gun store and range in my city or even my region. I would really appreciate any help (Sorry if there is already a thread on this)

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/sear...hs/Brampton+ON

"Let your fingers do the walking"

Urban Tactical in Brantford is where i got to shoot and buy and sell firearms.
    There is also Target Sports in Gorlmey.
    MetisWolf

Part Wolf, Part Metis - All Gun Owner and Canadian

4. The Following User Liked This Post By MetisWolf

DuhBoredShooter (04-17-2018)

Most gun shops in Ontario don't have an attached range. There are gun clubs in Peel Region(big place) though. Not all of 'em, most in fact, do not own the range where they shoot. Nor are they all taking new members. The waiting list, if they have one, can be long too.
    South Peel Rod & Gun Club
    3-1750 The Queensway, Suite 1341 (905) 274-0031 Dunno how accurate any of that is though.
    Burlington Rifle & Revolver Club. Indoor only. https://rangeburlington.ca/
    Galt Sportsmen's Assoc. in Cambridge. http://www.galtsportsmensclub.com/
    LAKEVIEW PISTOL CLUB Dixie and Lakeshore Rd. No web site. (905)274-0031
    PEEL COUNTY GAME AND FISH PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION. No web site. May be closed. (905)846-2610

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Justice

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    You need to understand something right off the bat. A lot of people hate us and our hobby due to irrational fears and media propaganda. Being in Peel (GTA) puts you right inside the hater's nest. Opening/owning/operating a gun store there is just about as easy as chopping down an oak with a feather. Most potential business owners take one look at the mountain in front of them and throw in the towel. There are easier ways to earn a living.

All of that being said, finding a legal place to practice our hobby in your neck of the woods is going to take a lot of effort and time on your part. Ranges and memberships to said ranges aren't like buying a membership to a gym that is starving for clients. Do your homework, be ready to travel, and be patient, are the three best pieces of advice I can offer.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

8. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    You need to understand something right off the bat. A lot of people hate us and our hobby due to irrational fears and media propaganda. Being in Peel (GTA) puts you right inside the hater's nest. Opening/owning/operating a gun store there is just about as easy as chopping down an oak with a feather. Most potential business owners take one look at the mountain in front of them and throw in the towel. There are easier ways to earn a living.

All of that being said, finding a legal place to practice our hobby in your neck of the woods is going to take a lot of effort and time on your part. Ranges and memberships to said ranges aren't like buying a membership to a gym that is starving for clients. Do your homework, be ready to travel, and be patient, are the three best pieces of advice I can offer.
    Yeah I kinda figured that I am in "enemy territory". But thanks for the advice, really appreciate it.
    أنا أحب البنادق

A little outside your area, but I always visit williams arms when I'm in port perry
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

11. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

I always like to support Al Flaherty's as much as possible, they're the last grandfathered holdout in Toronto, and they're a sponsor here. Ranges will be a challenge - are you more interested in handguns or rifles?

13. The Following User Liked This Post By IJ22

Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    I always like to support Al Flaherty's as much as possible, they're the last grandfathered holdout in Toronto, and they're a sponsor here. Ranges will be a challenge - are you more interested in handguns or rifles?
    Rifles for now, but I do have some handguns in mind later on
    أنا أحب البنادق

Just drive to Silverdale like everyone else! It really is a great place.

Al Flaherty's in Toronto and Lanz Shooting Supplies, which is at Silverdale, are all fine shoppes.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

16. The Following User Liked This Post By joe6167

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast