Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    "Highway" robbery is having to drive far in order to shoot your toys. I don't mind paying the 350/yr for a range that's 10 min away, and useable 24/7. Down in the OP's area I like the Silverdale range, but it's a 4 hour round trip for me, so there's a whole day shot plus the gas.

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    "Highway" robbery is having to drive far in order to shoot your toys. I don't mind paying the 350/yr for a range that's 10 min away, and useable 24/7. Down in the OP's area I like the Silverdale range, but it's a 4 hour round trip for me, so there's a whole day shot plus the gas.
    I have 3 ranges within 30mins of me. Member of 2 clubs and I'm only paying 225$ for both. Other is a free DNR one.

That sounds pretty good! The cost of the courses can be compared to the cost of a gun. Buy once cry once. The ongoing expenses are the thing to watch, whether ammo or range access. With all the new shooters that keep coming on line, and most existing clubs around here saying 'we're full' the supply & demand equation rules.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Highway Robbery. It was 50$ each per course. I paid 100$ +15% Taxes so, 115$ for both my PAL and RPAL course.
    Well that's Ontario for ya

Oh its easy enough to fail! I was in a group with 6 younger fellas , yah Im 59, and one failed a written restricted .....and two failed hands on by committing safety infractions ...... they both pointed the gun at the instructor!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234