Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Congrats Ben! Make good use of her and let us know the results

Good for you.. congratulations...

Well, its been a long time coming, but I finally did make it to the range. It was a beautiful day, and I had the range to myself. But, like a MORON, I forgot to take pictures until I was at home again. So, here's a quick snap of the rifle with its "older sister," a Remington 700, also in 270, but from 1963.

I was originally tooling up to get the older rifle into a shooter. I had traded for a very nice Burris scope and had purchased everything needed to turn my old ADL into a "BDL" with a weatherby style Bell and Carlson stock. When I won the SPS rifle, I decided to put it into the B&C stock instead and mount my new Burris. However, being that the SPS came with a detachable magazine, it does not have feed rails and cannot use a factory Remington BDL style floorplate. So, I went to work on the stock, strengthening the fore end and filling the stock with spray can foam. I also painted the SPS stock with olive drab, flat brown, and black webbing.

I'm not disappointed by the SPS though... a bit of work and load development, and its shooting 130 grain Accubonds over 54.2 grains of IMR 4250 into nice little groups. Yes, that is just a 3 shot group, but it measures 0.910 from outside to outside. Subtract one bullet diameter, and you have a 0.75 MOA load. I had no trouble keeping 3 shot 1.0 MOA groups ALL DAY.

But wait, JustBen, what about that 6-18 scope that came on it? Oh, I put that on my SR-22 project...

Very nice! Bigger groups! Moar pics!

Kidding, don't really need bigger groups from a hunting rifle, that looks like a rifle to shoot confidently.
    ...Not kidding about the pics though, could we get a better one of the paint job?
    CSSA CCFR

entered thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by kccon View Post
    entered thanks everyone
    Sorry but its been closed for sometime

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920