Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Pinning 5rd beowulf magazine to what? 1 or 2?
    Stay classy
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Pinning 5rd beowulf magazine to what? 1 or 2?
    Stay classy
    No from what is sounds is that if you load more than 5 rounds of .223/5.56 into the mag, that would be illegal.

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by tdod101 View Post
    So you had to open your big mouth to the RCMP demanding clarification and ended up screwing everyone in the process. Good job eh!
    That was certainly not my intention... All we are trying to do is import the mags legally. The fact is we could not import them before, so there was obviously already something going on behind the scenes. All We've done is get the RCMP to openly state that their position. The fact is this interpretation is not the way I, and many others, would interpret the law and this letter is in fact contradictory to previous statements they have made. As mentioned I have forwarded this email to the NFA and to CSSA.... We'll see where it goes, but it doesn't end here I can assure you of that.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

4. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By Marshall

DanN (11-17-2015), Deuce-deuce (11-17-2015), Doug_M (11-17-2015), Foker1337 (04-10-2016), knuckledragger (11-18-2015), LB303 (11-18-2015), Mobusten (11-19-2015), PatchRat (11-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPost
    Since the 50 Beowulf calibre magazines are adapted from the original 5.56x45 mm NATO design and the ability of the magazine to perform as originally designed has not been compromised by the adaptation, such magazines are prohibited if they contain more than five 5.56x45 mm NATO cartridges.
    (a) that is capable of containing more than five cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed and that is designed or manufactured for use in
    (i) a semi-automatic handgun that is not commonly available in Canada,
    (ii) a semi-automatic firearm other than a semi-automatic handgun,
    -- Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted, SOR/98-462, http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r.../fulltext.html

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joe-Man View Post
    By the definition that the RCMP are using to prohibit the 50 Beowulf mags as "dual calibre", 40 S&W mags are also "dual calibre". They are "adapted from the original" 9mm "design and the ability of the magazine to perform as originally designed has not been compromised by the adaptation".
    For what it's worth the .40 S&W is derived from the 10mm, so it's not technically an adaptation of the 9mm... but that's just my interpretation.... who knows.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    That was certainly not my intention... All we are trying to do is import the mags legally. The fact is we could not import them before, so there was obviously already something going on behind the scenes. All We've done is get the RCMP to openly state that their position. The fact is this interpretation is not the way I, and many others, would interpret the law and this letter is in fact contradictory to previous statements they have made. As mentioned I have forwarded this email to the NFA and to CSSA.... We'll see where it goes, but it doesn't end here I can assure you of that.
    You could have been like everyone else and manufactured your own. You do realize these things sold for $100 each right? I know guys with 10 - 20 of these things. That's a lot of ban hammer with no compensation.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By tdod101

Deuce-deuce (11-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    No from what is sounds is that if you load more than 5 rounds of .223/5.56 into the mag, that would be illegal.
    Oh well, in that case, not a big deal. I don't carry a rcmp officer to the range with me.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

CaperJim (11-17-2015), Foker1337 (04-10-2016), zulu (11-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tdod101 View Post
    You could have been like everyone else and manufactured your own. You do realize these things sold for $100 each right? I know guys with 10 - 20 of these things. That's a lot of ban hammer with no compensation.
    That would be akin to sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich and hoping no one sees you. The RCMP previously stated mag "loopholes" would be their target in the coming months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Our freedoms ARE the greater good.

Well it says capacity of either calibre. If it were that easy then we could all run unpinned 30 rounders while not loading more than 5. Scouts honor.

13. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Waynetheman

CaperJim (11-17-2015), Foker1337 (04-10-2016), Rory McCanuck (11-17-2015)

I think you misunderstood it. The fact that you CAN load more than 5 rounds of 5.56 into the mags makes them prohib. Lone-wolf was correct. If you wanted to use this with a beowulf upper the mag would have to be pinned to 2-ish rounds.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast