Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Canadian ForcesMember
    Application Received on: 2012/06/11
    Card recieved week of 2012/08/02

My PAL and RPAL also only took the minimum mandated 28 day waiting period.

It was getting my LTATT that made me grind my teeth and pull my hair.
    30 days and it was done in ten minutes when I walked down to the BC office in Surrey after work.

At least I am now the happy owner of a taurus pt92!
    Any thoughts, opinions, or comments expressed by the user "DougPeach" are the user's intellectual property and may not be used or reproduced outside this forum in any way without writtem consent from the user.

Distinguished Baconeer VancouverSkiBum's Avatar
    Took 150 days from them receiving my application, to me getting it in the mail. No references were contacted, nor was I. I even phoned in once to check up, and was met with little explanation, so i just left it alone. Mid November - Late April. This is just for my Non -Res.

So they interview the references? lol, Maybe I shouldn't have sent my buddy a thank you card titled "Thank you Constable Stupid Face" with my application for him to fill out and sign. hahahah.

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    almost 3 months just for a friggin renewal...we need to axe the bureaucrats at the provincial cfo level...the feds were done with it in 2 weeks
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    My buddy (54 years old) has been getting the run around for 6 months from the wonderful people at the CFC. I think they must just pick names at random to see how long it'll take for them to complain to their MP's. If they delay his any further, I'll make the appointment with his MP myself and go with him.
    Hummm. I forgot about this thread. My buddy got his after about 9 months. He was honest, and told them he had an FAC forever ago and still had it....put the number on the application. They looked it up. The excuse for the delay.....his old FAC from the 80's had his first name as "Ken".....his current application had his real name "Kenneth". Wound up having to send them half of his ID to prove to them that is name was actually Kenneth. And they wonder why people just say screw it and don't bother getting them. I think with the reinstatement of the BS fees, a lot of farmers and guys who don't take their guns (non-restriced of course) out of the safe are going to say to hell with it and go under the radar again. I hope so anyway.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

I mailed mine mid January, reference #1 was called a month later, same day as my phone interview. Reference #2 was mailed a letter and asked to call in, that was about 2 weeks later. Once she did that it was only a few more days for the status to change to approved, and I had the card in my hand for mid March.

And here's the link to check your application if no one has posted it yet:

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISI...nguage=English
    Happiness is a Warm Gun

Can somebody tell me what these "phone interviews" are? A few years ago when I got my license, there we no interviews of any kind, just fill up the application, mail it in and then wait for your license to arrive.

They call and ask some routine questions, some redundancies from the paperwork, "have you lost your job, are you an alcoholic" etc.
    Happiness is a Warm Gun

There's going to be some Ontarioans pissed at me!

- PAL CFSC completed March 4th. Receive results two weeks later.
    - App received April 10th at Miramichi (I wasn't in a rush)
    - Phoned May 2nd to check status, it was already processed and they were awaiting my picture scan.
    - Phoned May 9th, Approved and shipped. (references weren't called)

29 days. But then again, I did sign up in early December for my course, so I consider it a 5 month wait. Still, I think Bill 439 is getting to the CFO's, they must be rushing app's out to keep people happy.

Stay on their case, but be polite and courteous.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast