Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agileaks View Post
    My Timeline so far…Ontario

04/20 - completed non-restricted course
    05/20 - received test results
    05/24 - Signed for at Mirimichi
    06/27 - Application showed up online
    Licence Issued, should be in the mail now!

Took about 50+ days total from when they signed it in Mirimichi

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    The strange thing is that it says on the letter that a LEO may ask to see both. But the piece of paper doesn't have any more info than the card as I have standard conditions.

The card is easy to carry in a wallet, but the paper...
    If you cut across the paper just above where it says "CONDITIONS - POSSESSION AND ACCUISITION" and again just below "Canada" on the bottom, trim the sides and fold it correctly, you will have a little sheath your card will slide right into.

Helps protect the card from scratches from being repeatedly removed from and put in the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Formidable22 View Post
    How long does an RPAL application typically take once it gets to the Ontario CFO?

I mailed mine in to Miramichi mid May, and they got it a week later. Showed up on the website "received June 26th" and status: processing. A couple days later it changed to "Current Status: You have been or will soon be contacted about your application. If you require more information immediately please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" I called that number and they confirmed the application was sent to the CFO office of my province.

I've read here and elsewhere that some people got their interviews a few days after this change and its been about 3 weeks for me now. I'm a bit concerned as I am leaving the country in early August and am gone for a month, and won't have the phone that I put on the application on me. What do?
    Call them. They may do your interview right then.

Wife received her first pal, 51 days from when they signed for it.

14th April 2018 - Took RCMP Non restricted course
    05th May 2018 - Received my exam results
    17th May 2018 - Mailed my completed application to Miramichi ( by ordinary canada post.. no tracking info)
    23rd May 2018 - Application received
    28th June 2018 - CC charged. Called RCMP and they said all documents are OK.
    Status changed to: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Finally on 28th July 2018 - status changed to License issued. Waiting to receive the same.

No Reference were called.

Good Luck everyone

Searching Hint: While searching application status if you are unable to find it then enter the city of birth as city/Province name as Vancouver/British Columbia, rather than just entering Vancouver. Its case sensitive so try all combinations.
    Last edited by sharad99088; 04-18-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Hello, I sent in my application for the RPal here in Ontario a couple of weeks ago, but I am heading on vacation in 3 weeks for a period of 2 weeks, and the 2 people I had as references (my 2 brothers) are also going on vacation with me. I'm worried they will try to get in contact with us but we won't be in Canada and my application might be dropped or pushed further back. Anyone experienced something like that before? Should I call the RCMP before I leave the country?

It may be worth a call, they did call both my references, one didn't answer as he didn't recognize #, so held it up till I eventually called and they said they couldn't get ahold of one of them, I had to call him and tell him to answer.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Greglc

the_morbidus (07-29-2018)

Thanks Greglc, I'll call the RCMP this week and explain the situation.

I disclosed my anxiety disorder on my application, which I have been successfully treated for. I gave contact information for my Dr and therapist, but does anyone know if they request written releases?

[QUOTE=sharad99088;618297]14th April 2018 - Took RCMP Non restricted course
    05th May 2018 - Received my exam results
    17th May 2018 - Mailed my completed application to Miramichi ( by ordinary canada post.. no tracking info)
    23rd May 2018 - Application received
    28th June 2018 - CC charged. Called RCMP and they said all documents are OK.
    Status changed to: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Finally on 28th July 2018 - status changed to License issued. Waiting to receive the same.

No Reference were called.

Good Luck everyone

Searching Hint: While searching application status if you are unable to find it then enter the city of birth as city/Province name as Vancouver/British Columbia, rather than just entering Vancouver. Its case sensitive so try all combinations.[/QUOTE]

Best hint ever.....thanks
    Last edited by First_timer; 11-07-2018 at 07:34 PM.