Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ar500 targets

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar

ar500 targets

hello folks

I have bought some 500 series plate and will be getting some targets ready in the coming weeks .This is still in the start up phase but we will be offering these targets in various shapes shortly . I hope to beat some others on pricing, but its the shipping that will be the killer on these. We will update the post when I am closer to having a finished product ready !!

Steve & Ramona

Look forward to seeing what comes of it

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Country Boy Can Survive
    How will they be cut? I have been disappointed with plasma cut ar-500 plates, the edges tend to splinter and spall off.

I am looking for either water jet or underwater plasma table to keep the edged tempered . I did a batch of AR 400 for Genesee range and it was the same problem, cutting with the torch took the temper out of the outside 1/2 inch, and I cut as fast and cold as I could but it didn't change the outcome.

Red Deer Shooting Centre
    Cool, I wanna do some GOC gongs as well, looking forward to seeing how you make out...

Well the steel is cut and sitting on a pallet , I will be braking down costs and posting pics of these targets with in a day or two ! These were cut on a water jet so the steel is still tempered rite out to the edge. No more soft spots to crater . They are cut from ar 500 5/8 thick . I would say they are 338 LM proof. But I haven't taken them out yet to test this theroy, I will be testing them when I get home from work ! I can get special designs or shapes cut on request. I would need a detailed drawing of what you want, there would be some turn around time on this but it can be done . Any questions feel free to pm me or zombie girl and we can help you out

Steve

Senior Member OutdoorPursuitsCanada's Avatar
    Hey Steve - remember to send us some prices when you get it all figured out.
    Cheers

Just thought I'd let you know I received the Osama Bin Zombie targets. They're great!! Thanks for the decals as well!!
    Member ~ NFA (for now), CSSA

Your very welcome glad everything showed up and your happy

Steve

Member Space Shuttle Door Gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesummit View Post
    Well the steel is cut and sitting on a pallet , I will be braking down costs and posting pics of these targets with in a day or two ! These were cut on a water jet so the steel is still tempered rite out to the edge. No more soft spots to crater . They are cut from ar 500 5/8 thick . I would say they are 338 LM proof. But I haven't taken them out yet to test this theroy, I will be testing them when I get home from work ! I can get special designs or shapes cut on request. I would need a detailed drawing of what you want, there would be some turn around time on this but it can be done . Any questions feel free to pm me or zombie girl and we can help you out

Steve
    Updates?
    Psalm 144

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast