Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ontario is it's own kind "of special" when it comes to the "Club Level Safety Course" that clubs are required in Ontario by the CFO to run... I run a range there, so I have personal knowledge.

Most ranges are pretty reasonable; you go through some basic safety, the facility specific stuff and then go out to the range to do a dry run. Pretty straight forward.

But then.... there are those clubs... that make you sit through 6-8 hours of hell and then do multiple "probationary" shoots through the entire calibre range... all to a set schedule that many find hard to attend, so becoming a member can take months before you can get an ATT to bring in your own firearms. I have known people who's memberships have expired for the first year before being able to get in for all the scheduled shoots.

Yes, a CLSC is probably beneficial and if they were all under a couple of hours, I could get behind it. But the more barriers to entry we erect, the smaller our sport will become.

I am thankful that we don't have a CFO in Alberta that makes us do that and as we will probably be getting an Alberta appointed one in the nearest future, it probably isn't on the horizon.

JR

2. The Following User Liked This Post By TSE JR

lone-wolf (05-22-2020)