Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
I talked to a buddy with a special needs daughter. He told me this. Again he's a vet, and also has 4 children.
Yes. That will be done through their FSCD worker. FSCD will provide funding, but you still have to find someone to actually do the resbit care. I think they provide something like $14/hr for x number of hours per month. They don't watch it too closely though. If you can only find someone for $18 or $20 bucks and hour, then just put down that they were there for a few more hours than they were. You pay the resbit worker, and FSCD reimburses you. They know it's nearly impossible to find someone qualified for $14 or whatever it is, but that's what they're allowed to give out. They know damned well that people fudge things a bit to make stuff work. At least it gives mom and dad a chance to go out to dinner once in a while without the kids. The challenge is finding someone you trust with your kids, in your home. For years, we were never out together for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. When you've had to keep an eye on the kids for every hour of every day for years, it's hare to just cut loose and let it go.