Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mchurrikane View Post
    But now upon further research I have learned they pull and judge on all police files. And non convictions. And not guilty verdicts. And that extends your entire life.
    That information is accurate.

I got out of jail more than 10 years ago, the CFO could see not only what I was convinced of (4 charges) but what I was CHARGED with (86 charges). Nuts! All of the offences were firearm related. The CFO said because none of the crimes were violence related or drugs/gangs related there wouldn't be an issue issuing my license.

Have faith that it will go through. The moment the online PAL status says they've processed your application call the firearms center every other day and ask if it's been sent to the CFO yet. Once it gets to the CFO call them and ask them if you can get a status update of your application and if there's any other information they need to process your application.

If they deny your application you can appeal it, and only if you're a current threat to the public can they deny your license on appeal.

Good luck and keep us posted!

-Jamie M.

Thanks so much for the detailed information and reply man. It does kind of suck. I guess I can see why they are going back that far. I could understand them holding it against me if it was a guilty conviction. But anything in my file is non conviction and 15 years old. But that peace bond was for violence. Well threat of violence. But what 18 year old hasn’t got into a dust up once upon a time after a few beers. At 34 the closest it gets is telling a guy st work he’s an asshole because it’s his day to pay for
    Donuts.