So, I'm looking at taking get my PAL/RPAL soon, most likely once school slows down a bit. Now I know that this is great way to get out and escape with the boys, but I thought that it would be nice if I could try and get my fiance into it as well. We don't really have many hobbies that we do together, and I think shooting might be a great way to have a common interest. I'm not saying she has to become a IPSC champion, but it would be nice to get her out to range every once and awhile to put some holes in paper. The only real problem is that she is terrified of guns, at no real fault of her own, as she never grew up around guns, and has only ever seen what our lovely media likes to show about them. She has agreed to take the course with me, I'm just wondering, do you think that having her take the course would ease her fears and make her more comfortable around firearms? Or would it be more beneficial for me to get the PAL, and the two of us take a beginner shooting class (after teaching her about basic firearm safety).

Thoughts?