Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by r5s78 View Post
    Rather than being around $600 for all three courses it works out to around $450 for all three courses if I sign up for them all at once.

*edited to change $cost of courses, I went back and looked again
    Whoah.....WHAT ???? How much are they charging if you just do the PAL and RPAL together ?!?! Either lunch had better be included, Im missing something, or that had better include both of you.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Whoah.....WHAT ???? How much are they charging if you just do the PAL and RPAL together ?!?! Either lunch had better be included, Im missing something, or that had better include both of you.
    Sounds about right for Ontari-owe. IIRC it was 160-ish for my PAL, had to pass that before I could reserve a spot in the RPAL course, another 100-odd for my RPAL, plus another 100-ish for ammo, then the hunter's course I had to wait for one to come up, and it was somewhere in the mid/high 100's and it involved a 2 hours drive each way on a February day that ended up being a blizzard... add my range key and holster course, we're in the 800 ballpark. plus 350 a year

edit - they did feed us though, all of them
    oh yeah I forgot the turkey course. Well at least that's gone now
    Last edited by LB303; 03-14-2018 at 12:55 AM.

These numbers include tax. I believe PAL and RPAL are $260 together (or $150 each on their own). My original numbers ($450 & $600) are a little rounded, but close enough for the point.

And yeah. Expensive.

My husband did his PAL/RPAL in Saskatchewan. It was a one day course and about $150, four years ago. The course I will be doing is one day for PAL, one day for RPAL and one day for OHEP.

They didn't say anything about food.

In Ontario its 170 for the PAL and 110 for the RPAL, and with 13% tax you get to around $317

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhBoredShooter View Post
    In Ontario its 170 for the PAL and 110 for the RPAL, and with 13% tax you get to around $317
    Highway Robbery. It was 50$ each per course. I paid 100$ +15% Taxes so, 115$ for both my PAL and RPAL course.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Highway Robbery. It was 50$ each per course. I paid 100$ +15% Taxes so, 115$ for both my PAL and RPAL course.
    Well that's Ontario for ya