Well, its been a long time coming, but I finally did make it to the range. It was a beautiful day, and I had the range to myself. But, like a MORON, I forgot to take pictures until I was at home again. So, here's a quick snap of the rifle with its "older sister," a Remington 700, also in 270, but from 1963.

I was originally tooling up to get the older rifle into a shooter. I had traded for a very nice Burris scope and had purchased everything needed to turn my old ADL into a "BDL" with a weatherby style Bell and Carlson stock. When I won the SPS rifle, I decided to put it into the B&C stock instead and mount my new Burris. However, being that the SPS came with a detachable magazine, it does not have feed rails and cannot use a factory Remington BDL style floorplate. So, I went to work on the stock, strengthening the fore end and filling the stock with spray can foam. I also painted the SPS stock with olive drab, flat brown, and black webbing.

I'm not disappointed by the SPS though... a bit of work and load development, and its shooting 130 grain Accubonds over 54.2 grains of IMR 4250 into nice little groups. Yes, that is just a 3 shot group, but it measures 0.910 from outside to outside. Subtract one bullet diameter, and you have a 0.75 MOA load. I had no trouble keeping 3 shot 1.0 MOA groups ALL DAY.

But wait, JustBen, what about that 6-18 scope that came on it? Oh, I put that on my SR-22 project...