Thread: RPAL interviews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No personal interview. One reference person. I asked if they needed to talk to my wife, and they said 'Nope, she signed your form, we're good.'

Cool glad its all good then. Should have my RPAL very soon. Does minors PAL take longer?

3. The Following User Liked This Post By sammar

Lazagna (06-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by sammar View Post
    Cool glad its all good then. Should have my RPAL very soon. Does minors PAL take longer?
    Minors PAL process varies depending on the province. In Nova Scotia I waited 3 months for my son's PAL to come in. In NS, there is an additional form which goes to the Dept of Justice indicating the mentor. When the NS Dept of Justice have OKed it with the RCMP, the PAL processing continues. It seems to add another 4 weeks to the wait. They should explain the process for your province at the completion of the course.

Nice to see all the posts about only one reference being called; this just happened to me this week and I was worried they couldn't get through but I just checked the site and it says I should receive my license in two weeks. Awesome feeling.

Also; my application for the restricted course was lost in the mail and I almost missed the course. Someone dropped out so I got in at the last minute so to speak. This made me paranoid about sending in my RPAL application through regular mail so I sent it registered mail. Sent it June 1st and it was signed for in Miramichi on June 2nd! Three weeks later one reference was called and license is in the mail
    Last edited by jfarnham; 06-26-2016 at 06:23 AM. Reason: added info

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By jfarnham

Gaidheal (06-26-2016), Lazagna (06-26-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnham View Post
    Nice to see all the posts about only one reference being called; this just happened to me this week and I was worried they couldn't get through but I just checked the site and it says I should receive my license in two weeks. Awesome feeling.

Also; my application for the restricted course was lost in the mail and I almost missed the course. Someone dropped out so I got in at the last minute so to speak. This made me paranoid about sending in my RPAL application through regular mail so I sent it registered mail. Sent it June 1st and it was signed for in Miramichi on June 2nd! Three weeks later one reference was called and license is in the mail
    22 days from receipt to issue? What happened to the MANDATORY 28 day waiting period from receipt of application? Did I miss something?

EDIT: Okay I just read the first page of the application and it says 28 days minimum for those who do not already have a firearms licence. This one was for your RPAL.
    CFSC and CRFSC Instructor to Santa