Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RELOAD View Post
    If your renewal is in the system and you do not have the licence in your hand at the end of the 6 months you are okay. The last time I went thru this the cfo told me if the card does not show up to call them and they said until I get it please do not take the guns out anywhere. The card showed up the day before.
    You may be correct, but that is not what I see written about the grace period.
    Actually what I read is the grace period is for 'US', incase we forget to renew in time.
    Not for the RCMP to use to drag out the renewal times.
    And I read it as 'I' am solely held responsible for having firearms 6 months after my PAL expires.
    Unless you know something different than I can find?
    I have tried looking...

Quote Originally Posted by ultimaix View Post
    You may be correct, but that is not what I see written about the grace period.
    Actually what I read is the grace period is for 'US', incase we forget to renew in time.
    Not for the RCMP to use to drag out the renewal times.
    And I read it as 'I' am solely held responsible for having firearms 6 months after my PAL expires.
    Unless you know something different than I can find?
    I have tried looking...
    After you have sent in the renewal it is out of your hands. How are you than held responsible.

There is what makes sense...
    And then there is the law...

The burden in court would be up to me to prove that the law does not apply to me.
    That's really not a good position to be in...
    (it is not my fault I possess a firearm with a licence, its the RCMP's fault for not renewing on time)

Because of liability reasons the cop (at minimum) isn't going to let you leave with the firearm.
    He may arrest you and tow your car if he does not believe you.
    You get to spend money in court...
    Why?
    Because you cannot prove what you say to a cop at that moment on the side of the road.

You have good advice about keeping copies of everything.
    But most of us do not do that.
    LOL
    Last edited by ultimaix; 12-03-2023 at 02:19 PM.