Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Its up to you. Just be aware that some semi auto shotguns dont always cycle with some light loads. You'll never have that problem with a pump action. I have a semi auto but I find I shoot my Remington 870 pump 99% of the time. Its just what Im used to.
    that's what I have been reading as well, as it's going to be my first shotgun, I am going to go with pump action, likely Benelli SuperNova with telescopic stock.

Quote Originally Posted by akimiski View Post
    that's what I have been reading as well, as it's going to be my first shotgun, I am going to go with pump action, likely Benelli SuperNova with telescopic stock.
    A 'tactical' stock will almost always have considerably more felt recoil than a traditional stock.

With all of these guns, find one that fits you; pick a spot on the wall and bring the gun up. If the sights line up on the spot you picked, you will find you have much more success.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

akimiski (11-29-2022), Aniest (11-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    A 'tactical' stock will almost always have considerably more felt recoil than a traditional stock.

With all of these guns, find one that fits you; pick a spot on the wall and bring the gun up. If the sights line up on the spot you picked, you will find you have much more success.
    Didn’t know about recoil, thanks for that tip.