Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A few years back, when my daughter was about 8 or 9, I took her along with my dad and my wife to the skeet range for an afternoon. I had a little Mossberg Mini Bantam in .410 that I had shown her how to use. There was nobody else at the range that summer afternoon so I had my daughter stand on a firing point while I hand tossed clay pigeons for her. She proceeded to load and shoot the gun at the clay birds as I tossed them; she even managed to smoke a few of them. Her mother was absolutely amazed at how safe and proficient she was with the gun; and my dad, sitting in the shade of the clubhouse porch was beaming over my obvious pride in my daughter.

Simpler times, and they weren’t all that long ago. Now she’s 17, almost done high school and her interest in time with the old man only extends as far as the handing over of my car keys. I’m told she’ll come around again, and I hope so.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

2. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By chuckbuster

Aniest (01-11-2020), Fusilier (01-11-2020), lone-wolf (02-03-2020), MarkR (01-15-2020), Waterloomike (01-09-2020)