Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When I took my PAL course, way back at the start of the Firearms Act. Late 90's I guess. it was a weekend course. Starting Friday at say 6:00 - 10:00 and pretty much a full day Saturday. It was hosted at a local indoor gun range. On the Saturday a fellow comes in to do some shooting with his Thompson Sub Machine gun. This course had a lot of, cover a chapter, and then spend the next 45 minutes or the next hour reviewing it by yourself. During one of these lulls in learning, the gentleman comes out and asks "Anybody want to try it?" While pretty much the rest of the class looked around sheepishly at the instructor, wondering if it was ok, I was up there like a shot, pick me! pick me! He handed me the Tommy gun and a mag, said, the muzzle is going to tend to try to raise up on you, and, have at er. Thinking back I'm not even sure if any of those rounds even found paper, but was it ever fun. It was then that I regretted not taking my RPAL at the same time. I eventually did challenge the test and upgrade to my RPAL.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By willis

MarkR (01-15-2020), Waterloomike (01-09-2020)