Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you.
    But basically my question wasn't specifically about a now prohibited firearm storage.
    My question is: Can I store an AR that is rendered unoperable (with trigger lock and without bolt carrier) in the same safe as ammo is stored in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Megglodon View Post
    Can I store an AR that is rendered unoperable (with trigger lock and without bolt carrier) in the same safe as ammo is stored in ?
    Yes.
    If it's a safe it doesn't need a trigger lock (although it's a time saver when going to the range to have one already attached since it's needed for transport), and it doesn't need the bolt removed. Of course you may trigger lock it and you may remove the bolt.

Storage of Restricted Firearms

6 An individual may store a restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device and stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) stored in a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked; and

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in

(i) a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked.

-- https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/.../FullText.html