Hey fellas. New to the forum. And fairly new to the sport. Have always been into shooting since my military service. Long story short. Had a colorfull youth so to speak. And had a few run ins with the law. Mostly as a youth (34 years old now) and my last charge was a threats charge in 2003. Which ended up in a non conviction. Peace bond. I was 18 at the time. For the longest time I just always was discouraged about the questions on the form. And forgot about guns all together. Just wrote it off. Fast forward 15 years. And a friend of mine had been taking me out to his range and I decided to look into taking the courses. Which I did. Took ans conpleted both. As it had been so long I could answer no to all the questions genuinely and truthfully. I have zero convictions on my record. And the questions ask about 5 years. But now upon further research I have learned they pull and judge on all police files. And non convictions. And not guilty verdicts. And that extends your entire life. Which is discouraging. As who I was at 18. Is not who I am as a well to do 34 year old man with not so much as a speeding ticket. But am worried I got excited over nothing and that even with no convictions my past will haunt me and prevent me from ever obtaining a license. Can anyone shed any light on this topic? Holding people as guilty of charges they were acquitted on 15 years ago seems a bit extreme. But it is Canada. And they apparently can see youth records. Sealed records acquittals and that any episode of violent behavior. No matter the time line will make things hard. I would hope some one would take I to account the long time clean record. Non convictions. And that a verbal shouting match with no actual fighting to be what it was. 18 year old childish behavior.