Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not that I even bother to enter a lot, but maybe you could work out “e-gift cards/discounts” with some site sponsors for a few $ off an order or something.

Not sure how difficult it would be for the sponsor to setup, though. Sort of a % for all GOC, and 2-3x% for just a few winners. Conditional on 3-7 days to be used. Maybe just a bogus stock item for winners to put in cart to show they won. Sponsor can control it as inventory and/or colour options maybe. 15 pvc pipes, ten in “hot pink”, 5 in “uranium-235”. And priced as more than anyone would pay to eliminate accidentally having wrong people try to but it.

It’d boost traffic to the sponsors site as hopefuls shop in advance and should drive at least a few impulse buys before and definitely after. Something that’s less work for both you and the sponsor. I realize even the sponsors have a shoestring budget and it’s typically more a labour of love than absolute profit for most.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Not that I even bother to enter a lot, but maybe you could work out “e-gift cards/discounts” with some site sponsors for a few $ off an order or something.

Not sure how difficult it would be for the sponsor to setup, though. Sort of a % for all GOC, and 2-3x% for just a few winners. Conditional on 3-7 days to be used. Maybe just a bogus stock item for winners to put in cart to show they won. Sponsor can control it as inventory and/or colour options maybe. 15 pvc pipes, ten in “hot pink”, 5 in “uranium-235”. And priced as more than anyone would pay to eliminate accidentally having wrong people try to but it.

It’d boost traffic to the sponsors site as hopefuls shop in advance and should drive at least a few impulse buys before and definitely after. Something that’s less work for both you and the sponsor. I realize even the sponsors have a shoestring budget and it’s typically more a labour of love than absolute profit for most.
    we currently have a discount program with the dealers, they offer 5+% off too all members,

Check the box discounts link at the top.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By jwirecom109

ruger#1 (07-18-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jwirecom109 View Post
    we currently have a discount program with the dealers, they offer 5+% off too all members,

Check the box discounts link at the top.
    Thanks for bumping that, it was kinda in that vein, but more of a bigger boom for winners and maybe not so common sponsors. Sort of an extra carrot to pull the trigger on buying.

I’m not trying to knock or downplay those vendors efforts at all. Absolutely awesome, and I try to go there first. Just wondering if more of a “Limited time, act now” traffic bump thing. Lots of people need just a little nudge and traffic here should see an increase from the frugal or limited funds shoppers checking in regularly. I don’t believe any other firearms related sites do that now. However, this type of thing does show up in the vendors’ email listings.

I’m thinking I’m maybe not explaining it well, or missing an execution issue that most everyone else knows about but is politely not pointing out to me.