Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: NEA 102

Quote Originally Posted by WSA View Post
    Apparently an announcement of some sort is pending....
    I want it so bad.

I wish I was coyote hunting with one today.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

We'll post when it is approved. Besides that I don't have anything else to tell you

Ryan

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By SFRC

exmilitary (02-15-2017), lone-wolf (02-15-2017), Westicle (02-16-2017)

NEA needs to be careful because they may risk actually making people mad at them for needless teasing and under-delivering.

It's one thing to advertise something coming to build interest, but you have to time it right to increase exposure for your brand.

They are now getting to the point where they risk a loss in brand value if they don't deliver soon.
    I have no signature block.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

JustBen (02-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    NEA needs to be careful because they may risk actually making people mad at them for needless teasing and under-delivering.

It's one thing to advertise something coming to build interest, but you have to time it right to increase exposure for your brand.

They are now getting to the point where they risk a loss in brand value if they don't deliver soon.
    I don't think they care. They've been dealing with haters and bad mouthing for so long doubtful much else will impact their profits more. It's probably already been factored in to pricing/strategy.

And seeing the language they're using, flat out in your face non PC verbage they are confident in their product and know their customers.

They have the market cornered. They're building hype.
    I'd argue this is increasing their brand value.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    They have the market cornered. They're building hype.
    I'd argue this is increasing their brand value.
    My point is that there is a culminating point in building that hysteria, and beyond that point it becomes a net negative.

Clearly it would be too long if they released this gun in 2020, so the point becomes at what point is the right balance of building hype vs being a c•ck tease that p!sses people off.

My stance is that it's fine to tease the market in a healthy manner, but now that it is getting long in the tooth for today's short attention span, it is a detriment to make these things dwell on too long.
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    My point is that there is a culminating point in building that hysteria, and beyond that point it becomes a net negative.

Clearly it would be too long if they released this gun in 2020, so the point becomes at what point is the right balance of building hype vs being a c•ck tease that p!sses people off.

My stance is that it's fine to tease the market in a healthy manner, but now that it is getting long in the tooth for today's short attention span, it is a detriment to make these things dwell on too long.
    It's one thing to say we've got something big coming up. It's another to provide a timeline and accurate updates.

If I wanted cryptic posts that I didn't fully understand, I'd log onto my wife's Facebook.

I have a Bushmaster ACR inbound that's actually designed to work.

Let's all recall the "miracle gun" the XCR was supposed to be... And how it actually turned out...

If the NEA102 doesnt live up to the hype, fortunately we will have the APC308 to fall back on next year :-)