Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had to pass the non restricted test twice. Once in Alberta which was normal and once in Quebec as they didn't accept the Alberta test and that was a pain with the stupid Quebec rules. To prove a firearm safe in Quebec involves a cleaning rod on a lot of firearms. I was lucky and got a S&W bolt action rifle and the bolt just slips out so I could look down the barrel from the back. It's against the law to point a firearm at some one in Quebec so you can't look down the barrel from the front as your pointing it at some one. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenwp View Post
    It's against the law to point a firearm at some one in Quebec so you can't look down the barrel from the front as your pointing it at some one. Go figure.
    I prefer these two techniques, after PROV, then to do E:
    1) put a barrel light into the chamber, and put a mirror at the muzzle, and look at the mirror.
    2) put a barrel light into the muzzle, and put your finger near the chamber, look for light on your finger.

Admittedly there could be a little bit of dirt in there still, but certainly no stuck bullets.

But you can't do those at a CFSC practical test.

During the American Civil War, officers were encouraged to watch their men to ensure they fired their rifles. After a battle it was common to find a couple rifles that had as many as six sets of bullets and powder neatly rammed into a single rifle barrel.