Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilddieb View Post
    I appreciate all comments, however the companies providing the swag are the benefactors as we are asked to roam their site, familiarize us with their offering and potentially make future purchase decisions based on that. If Anyone is saying you have to active this or have posted x-number of times, these companies might be better-off doing their promotional giveaways elsewhere, such as gunnutz. Have you ever heard of Pepsi letting you only claim the 'win' if you had been drinking their product in x quantity? I really appreciate that this forum is doing this work of talking to the folks, setting up these contents, but if you put these stipulations on (activity level) it leaves a bitter taste.

To Quote the Rules:

1.1 Eligibility: Gun Owners of Canada Giveaways is open to all legal residents of Canada who are; the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry, are a member in good standing of Gun Owners of Canada (1.1.a), with an active account (1.1.b).

1.1.a Good Standing is defined as a member that has activated account, that is not banned, suspended, or requested the removal of their account.

1.1.b An active account is defined as an account that has been active within 1 week of the contest drawing date. IF account is found to be inactive, Gun Owners of Canada, shall have the right to decide if the draw, shall be redrawn.
    If you don't like it, please do not enter. The rules are set up to be fair to all members of the forum.

As for companies doing their promotional giveaways elsewhere, as Previously stated, these companies as part of their advertisement programs costs have products in place of cash which is then given away to our members. This is at the cost of GOC's intake of funds, and we do this to promote the sport and thank our members for being apart of it.
    If we Canceled this program with the dealers, we would make more money but members would get nothing back for being loyal great members.

As such if they did so on other places, they would have to front cash for advertisement then the funds for the giveaway.

Our program benefits both the Vendor and the Members of this forum.

Also our viewer base since we are a publicly view-able forum is much larger then a closed to only members view-able forum, thus giving more exposure for the giveaways and or product.
    Member count is not a true count of viewers of the forum, many read and never sign up.

To give you an idea of the Viewers of the forum:

Within the last year 334,786 unique users (not IPs, but users tracked through google and the forum software) have been tracked to the forum of those 58.2% are returning users on a regular basis (maybe members and may just be public readers),

Which Translates to 194845 uniquer users coming to Gun Owners of Canada on a consistence basis.

The "largest forum" member base is roughly 160-170k members on a closed forum. So the public isn't able to view it.

So in terms of exposure 334,786 vs 160,000 to 170,000(if all members are active) is double the viewership potential, And tracked 194,845 is higher than 160,000 to 170,000(if all members are active).

So in short they get more exposure for their money.
    Last edited by jwirecom109; 06-27-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

2. The Following 9 Users Like This Post By jwirecom109

DanN (07-11-2016), Dustee (07-19-2016), FALover (06-28-2016), greywolf67nt (07-03-2016), kennymo (06-28-2016), lone-wolf (06-27-2016), Lostincanada (06-27-2016), mavrik9 (06-27-2016), Moons96 (07-03-2016)

I appreciate you clearing this whole mess up for us all jwirecom109. I think we shot that target to pieces and it time to put it to bed.
    Guns Only Have Two Enemies
    Rust and Politicians

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    ...and I am going to keep on entering these contests no matter how or where I have to find the stipulated requirements!
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Lead Dispencer
    Thanks for clearing this up

Thanks GOC and Wolverine. I sure would love a Thunderbolt as my 1st 1911, I've been wanting one for a while.

I am still waiting to win this pistol.

Lead Dispencer
    The draw ends the day after my birthday so....... I'm just saying

BTW if you enter 64 times, it doesn't get you an extra chance, most likely just banned :P lol

Draw is quickly coming up

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

I entered sweet looking 1911

Entered and fingers crossed