Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrik9 View Post
    Welcome to GOC
    Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
    Hello thank you, hope all is well!

There are FAR easier ways to figure out who owns guns than buying off a gun store owner. Lots of people advertise it outright:

Ever seen one of these?

Or, you know.. you could join a gun club. Good chance you'll meet people who own guns there.

But why be paranoid? Just be smart.

1) Get a decent safe, and keep it locked at all times.
    2) Don't put your safe somewhere obvious.. like in your bedroom closet. Hide it. Security by obscurity.
    3) Don't brag to every Tom, Dick and Harry you meet about the wicked-cool survival arsenal you have.
    4) Keep your house locked. Own a dog. Get a home security system.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Hello J.P.!

4. The Following User Liked This Post By 6MT

Jpnguyento (02-22-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    There are FAR easier ways to figure out who owns guns than buying off a gun store owner. Lots of people advertise it outright:

Ever seen one of these?

Or, you know.. you could join a gun club. Good chance you'll meet people who own guns there.

But why be paranoid? Just be smart.

1) Get a decent safe, and keep it locked at all times.
    2) Don't put your safe somewhere obvious.. like in your bedroom closet. Hide it. Security by obscurity.
    3) Don't brag to every Tom, Dick and Harry you meet about the wicked-cool survival arsenal you have.
    4) Keep your house locked. Own a dog. Get a home security system.
    It seems like it's easier to own a gun if you don't live in a major city... Yes sir safety first if I shall own one, away it goes in a safe and hidden in clever place... But in all honestly criminals are smarter these days, as there are YouTube videos that shows people the best places to hide a gun... I don't talk about fight club sir... House will be locked but wife won't let me own a dog... Home security can work though lol... Cheers!

Howdy from Central Alberta.
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, But it could be worse.
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

7. The Following User Liked This Post By kodiakken

Jpnguyento (03-01-2016)

Canadian ForcesR.I.P. Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpnguyento View Post
    Zimilin, Hi. Makes sense... I'm wondering now where to hide a hand gun that's kept in a storage box... Will read your link... Thanks!
    my storage box is bolting / lagged to a concrete floor and wall studs,, in a secure locked closet.. none of my guns are hidden,, to easy for children to find ,, always stored safely

And Welcome,,
    Never trust a skinny TANKER

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    There are FAR easier ways to figure out who owns guns than buying off a gun store owner...
    Well, at least the government doesn't keep a shopping list of who has what for non-restricted firearms anymore.
    Or, at least officially.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Quote Originally Posted by Jpnguyento View Post
    It seems like it's easier to own a gun if you don't live in a major city...
    How so?

Hi there,

You seem quite nervous and a little skittish on legally owning a firearm. Until you find a way to be comfortable with the idea I would avoid owning one.

Steps you need to take:

1) Take a registered firearms safety course and be sure you understand all the rules regulations and legislation

2) while you are waiting for the few months it takes for the government to process all the paperwork, buy and install a quality safe in your home. Make it as big as you can afford. Guns are like potatoe chips, you cant have just one.

3) take all the classes you can at the club you join regarding safe handling and storage. Ask questions.

4) dont refer to yourself as a survivalist. I am good with it I get it - beans bandaids and bullets - but this type of thinking is currently taboo and in the US it will get you on the "no fly" list faster than you can curse a KSG for not loading properly. Keep those thoughts and ideas to those who share them with you. Instead, openly talk about bushcrafting, homesteading and wilderness emergency preparedness. We know what you really mean. Plus, survivalists are discredited all the time as being paranoid and conspiracy theorists. While we know the government lies to us on a daily basis wait until you get your hall pass before you spout off on it.

5) just relax. There are millions of gun owners in Canada. When you look at the real stats its safer than being a liscenced automobile driver. And if you keep your love of your hobby to friends you can trust i would imagine it isnt something to worry to hard on.

RobertMcC
    As safe as you want to make it.

I got 3 locked doors, not including the front door that you need to get thru in order to grab my firearms. Also a CCV camera outside my front door.

I'm not paranoid I just don't live in the most trustworthy area.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast