Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banned users

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire0129 View Post
    Kennymo, thank you for the response. How would one know if they've been infracted?
    tenderness when you sit
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    There are a few procedures in place that prevent any one moderator from singling out a member. When a post pops up in our reporting section, it requires at the very least, two moderators to vote for an infraction. They also have to agree on what the infraction will be. The system then keeps track of the infraction points. Get enough points, and the member will get a time out. The time outs get longer the more it happens. In order for a member to be banned permanently, there has to be a round table vote that involves all moderators. Once there's a majority one way or the other, the member is either banned, or not. Admin has the final say on all matters of course.

Now.....all that being said, we might, and often don't even issue an fraction. Often we just send out a reminder of the site rules first. A members time on the site is taken into account, previous warnings, the severity of the transgression. If someone gets an infraction or a warning for something, and then just ignores it, that will have the entire mod staff keeping an eye open for them. Get another infraction or warning for the same thing and ignore it, then things tend to go downhill pretty fast.

We've always maintained that the key to this place remaining civil is all members being respectful to their fellow members and self moderation. We have always asked all members to be a part of keeping the place in order by using the report post button if they think they see something that crosses the line. That will set the review and vote process in motion. We know sometimes discussions become heated and we will sometimes just let things slide. The point being....no one moderator can pick on any one member. If you get an infraction, then you probably earned it. Anyone can appeal a decision to administration, but we're all pretty in tune with how they want the site run. Most decisions have stood after an appeal.

Anyway...I hope that answers some of your questions.
    Cheers.

Edit.....and Kenny beat me to most of it....no fair !!!! I'm typing on a phone !!!!! Lol !!!!!
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Candychikita (02-16-2016)

RobertMcC
    If you feel a mod has a personal vendetta against you, record it. I had one after me because my dad pissed in his corn flakes.The guy was scared of my pops, So went after me. Hes no longer a mod. And not here.

Edit.....and Kenny beat me to most of it....no fair !!!! I'm typing on a phone !!!!! Lol !!!!!
    Well I was on a phone too, AND coping with my famous fat fingers at the same time....so....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Thank you all, I appreciate the insight.

Canadian ForcesGOC Supreme commander zulu's Avatar
    Huh, I didn't even notice strangeday's absence...I wonder what he's up too. I believe I saw some poeple who talk a lot like reignczeck pop in now and then

Quote Originally Posted by zulu View Post
    Huh, I didn't even notice strangeday's absence...I wonder what he's up too. I believe I saw some poeple who talk a lot like reignczeck pop in now and then
    Strangeday earned a three day time out for accumulated points. That timed out long ago, and he is more than welcome to come back and continue posting.
    I quite miss his insights.

As for the other, you weren't the only one, and you'll notice it was 'then' and not so much 'now'
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

zulu (02-15-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Strangeday earned a three day time out for accumulated points. That timed out long ago, and he is more than welcome to come back and continue posting.
    I quite miss his insights.

As for the other, you weren't the only one, and you'll notice it was 'then' and not so much 'now'
    SD has been here, just not posting. I have had a couple email conversations with him and he is doing well.

Remember "the walls have ears".

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    SD has been here, just not posting. I have had a couple email conversations with him and he is doing well.

Remember "the walls have ears".
    I *was* going to offer to make him some smoked meat, but...
    pog mo thon

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidheal View Post
    I *was* going to offer to make him some smoked meat, but...
    Send it to me, I will give it the taste test and let him know if it is worth accepting your offer?

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Lee Enfield

Gaidheal (02-16-2016)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast