Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Patience. There's a 4 month delay. Minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Patience. There's a 4 month delay. Minimum.
    Oh, I'm patient. I've heard anecdotal stories ranging anywhere from 29 days to over a year. The longer the wait, the more time I have for virtual window shopping to build my first handgun with aftermarket stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PixInTheSix View Post
    Oh, I'm patient. I've heard anecdotal stories ranging anywhere from 29 days to over a year. The longer the wait, the more time I have for virtual window shopping to build my first handgun with aftermarket stuff.
    Once you can check online for your reference number, you can call in to see if there’s a holdup.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Once you can check online for your reference number, you can call in to see if there’s a holdup.
    I've been attempting to log in/check status every 3-4 days for the past couple of weeks (total checks as of today, maybe 1/2 doz), but I keep getting '...no information that matches...check at a later date...'

I figure it's just sitting in the stack in someone's in-tray making its way to the top of the pile.

I've been attempting to log in/check status every 3-4 days for the past couple of weeks (total checks as of today, maybe 1/2 doz), but I keep getting '...no information that matches...check at a later date...'

I figure it's just sitting in the stack in someone's in-tray making its way to the top of the pile.
    You mailed it Nov 18 you said. So 30days, plus a week minimum. So expect the first week of January to be the earliest showing for a first time application. More with essentially a week off in there.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    You mailed it Nov 18 you said. So 30days, plus a week minimum. So expect the first week of January to be the earliest showing for a first time application. More with essentially a week off in there.
    Perhaps I misunderstood; I am aware of the waiting period, however I thought that was simply the minimum time before an application could be approved, not how long I'd have to wait before it showed up 'in the system' and I could see the status online; I'd have thought I'd see 'Pending' or something rather than my application not existing yet.

Perhaps I misunderstood; I am aware of the waiting period, however I thought that was simply the minimum time before an application could be approved, not how long I'd have to wait before it showed up 'in the system' and I could see the status online; I'd have thought I'd see 'Pending' or something rather than my application not existing yet.
    this post is the most recent from Ontario:

it appears to be about 14 days from arrival at rcmp to 'showing online' [it shows when the cc is charged] then they were approved almost a month later. That is about the best infor you are going to get, the RCMP will tell you up to 4 months due to Covid.

https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...l=1#post898036

Edit: you said you mailed on Nov 18th, did you send it registered mail? That will effect everything too. [will take longer to even arrive in NB if not usually]