Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
    13th March Application sent for RPAL/PAL
    19th March Application received by CFP
    27th April License Issued
    3rd May License received

No references called

Total days =52 Including mail time.
    Hey, that's a pretty good timeline ! Which province are you in ? Did you call them after 28 days, to enquire ?

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    Hey, that's a pretty good timeline ! Which province are you in ? Did you call them after 28 days, to enquire ?

Thanks !
    Yes. All my friends are schocked because some had to wait almost one year.

I live in BC. I did called CFS after 28 days. My application status appeared online a day after I called. I followed up with couple of more calls after it appeared online to make sure there is nothing missing. Both occasions I was told that my picture is sent out for scan and next thing I know it was approved.

I don't know if calling them made any difference but there is no harm in checking every few days. Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
    Yes. All my friends are schocked because some had to wait almost one year.

I live in BC. I did called CFS after 28 days. My application status appeared online a day after I called. I followed up with couple of more calls after it appeared online to make sure there is nothing missing. Both occasions I was told that my picture is sent out for scan and next thing I know it was approved.

I don't know if calling them made any difference but there is no harm in checking every few days. Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.
    We'll, congrats on getting your RPAL. I hope my timeline will be as short as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    We'll, congrats on getting your RPAL. I hope my timeline will be as short as yours.
    Thank you. It's still a long process to shoot restricted firearm even after having license in your hand. I had to sign up with my local range and call CFO to provide membership details. Than I paid for my firearm and waited for the transfer to be completed by local CFO. Luckily it was done in 1 day. I am picking my firearm today but still can't shoot because I will have to wait for another 2 weeks before I get registration certificated for the firearm. So yeah it's another couple of weeks wait before you can actually shoot out of your restricted firearm.