My Ontario PAL/RPAL timeline

August 31,2018 - My 10 year gun ban expired

Sept 15/16 - Took the CFSC/CRFSC courses with guns.to (for the second time)

Sept 23 - Received the CFSC/CRFSC test results/paperwork back from the course

Sept 26 at 1:46pm - Mailed PAL/RPAL application with supporting documents and letter explaining why I had to answer "yes" to question 16. C) “During the past five (5) years, have you or any member of your household been prohibited from possessing any firearm?”

Sept 28 at 2:26pm - Canada Post tracking shows application received at MIRAMICHI, NB

Oct 29 - Online PAL application status updated to "processing your application"

Nov 13 (46 days since they received my application) - Status still "processing" so called firearms center, they said it's been processed and is now with the CFO for approval. They suggested I NOT call and harass the CFO.

Nov 20 - Status still "processing" so I call the CFO. He looks over my application and says my PAL is denied because CPIC says my gun ban expires in 2021. I explain that that's impossible, all my court stuff was finished in 2008, if it's a 10 year ban, can't be until 2021. I have the $55 RCMP criminal record check printed out, shows expiry August 31, 2018, are you sure? Want me to send it to you? He says he'll look into it. Calls me about an hour later and says I was right, CPIC was wrong. Good thing I called. Boom, license issued. No references called. Said he would update CPIC in case I get pulled over with guns in the car and it shows up I'm not allowed to have them, could go real bad if that happened.

He told me my license number and expiry date but I don't want to start ordering guns online incase they start showing up before my card does, damn Canada Post strike Now I wait.

-Jamie M.