Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PixInTheSix View Post
    I've been attempting to log in/check status every 3-4 days for the past couple of weeks (total checks as of today, maybe 1/2 doz), but I keep getting '...no information that matches...check at a later date...'

I figure it's just sitting in the stack in someone's in-tray making its way to the top of the pile.
    You mailed it Nov 18 you said. So 30days, plus a week minimum. So expect the first week of January to be the earliest showing for a first time application. More with essentially a week off in there.

Which will no doubt make them move your application to the bottom of the pile.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Which will no doubt make them move your application to the bottom of the pile.
    not really. I called to find out that I had under paid [I paid the reduced upgrade amount which is a 'limited time offer'], it saved me about 3 weeks waiting on the snail mail letter, a second call let me know they needed further information about my check box [the layoff question] approved on the phone that time.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Big-Boss-Man

awndray (12-15-2021)

If they charged the credit card,
    they must have got it.
    (i.e. credit card is thus effectively equivalent to registered mail notification)

imo it is reasonable to call after it shows online to see if anything is missing, if nothing is missing they will probably give an answer of 'it is in process call us back in a month if you haven't heard anything' but if this is your first attempt at a license you can call once it shows online to ensure you crossed all the t's and dotted all the I's but then you may as well wait until 1 month after because the mandatory wait period. When I first applied years ago I was approved as soon as my wait period ran out.

Update;

Application mailed: Nov 18
    Application rec'd: Nov 24
    CC charged: Dec 29 (today)

I'll wait until we're a couple of weeks into January to call if there's no additional updates to my online application status.

Typical government behaviour...
    Last edited by Lover Of Auroras; 04-16-2024 at 10:36 PM.
    No compromise. Firearm rights are human rights.

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Lover Of Auroras

Aniest (03-04-2022), Big-Boss-Man (01-24-2022)

Final timeline;

Nov 24 - Rec'd by CFP/RCMP in Miramichi
    Dec 29 - Credit card charged
    Jan 27 - Application sent to CFO-ON
    Mar 03 - License issued

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By PixInTheSix

Aniest (03-04-2022), Big-Boss-Man (03-05-2022), Lover Of Auroras (03-04-2022)

The Ontario CFO is a joke.
    Last edited by Lover Of Auroras; 04-16-2024 at 10:32 PM.
    No compromise. Firearm rights are human rights.

Just keeping everyone up on times... I submitted for an RPAL back in early January. This was not a renewal technically but a new issue. I previously held an FAC back in the 90's/early 2000's that expired in 2001 but never ever held a PAL.

I never had to redo the courses as back when I did mine in 95/96 time frame the one course covered you for both non-restricted and restricted, and after a call to the RCMP to confirm, they did agree my original course was still valid to submit for an RPAL as is so I went ahead and did that.

Logging in online it showed them receiving my application on Jan 14/2022. On March 10 it showed that the initial review had begun and I would only be contacted if there were any issues with my application. Today, April 25 I logged in and it now says my license has been processed and issued and I should see it within two weeks, so basically just under 3.5 months from start to finish.