Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My kid's took almost a year.

So i just received my PAL today. It's valid until 2024, so that's nice.

It says on the card that standard conditions are attached to the license, so I'm not sure why I should also carry around the piece of paper that came with it as there are no special conditions or any other information on there...

Anyway, I'm happy.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky
    It says on the card that standard conditions are attached to the license
    It's just the notation on the back of the card that says what you are allowed to posses and acquire, i.e. restricted or non. You don't need to have the paperwork with you. But keep it in a safe place anyway.

The strange thing is that it says on the letter that a LEO may ask to see both. But the piece of paper doesn't have any more info than the card as I have standard conditions.

The card is easy to carry in a wallet, but the paper...

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    The strange thing is that it says on the letter that a LEO may ask to see both. But the piece of paper doesn't have any more info than the card as I have standard conditions.

Once you are a member of any gun range, provide the range membership information to the CFO. You will get a new license that will have standard condition written on the back. That way you do not need to carry the paper with you. In simple words your LATT is attached to the license.

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post

If you cut across the paper just above where it says "CONDITIONS - POSSESSION AND ACCUISITION" and again just below "Canada" on the bottom, trim the sides and fold it correctly, you will have a little sheath your card will slide right into.

Helps protect the card from scratches from being repeatedly removed from and put in the wallet.

My Timeline so far…Ontario

04/20 - completed non-restricted course
    05/20 - received test results
    05/24 - Signed for at Mirimichi
    06/27 - Application showed up online
    Last edited by agileaks; 07-06-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agileaks View Post
    My Timeline so far…Ontario

04/20 - completed non-restricted course
    05/20 - received test results
    05/24 - Signed for at Mirimichi
    06/27 - Application showed up online
    Licence Issued, should be in the mail now!

Took about 50+ days total from when they signed it in Mirimichi

How long does an RPAL application typically take once it gets to the Ontario CFO?

I mailed mine in to Miramichi mid May, and they got it a week later. Showed up on the website "received June 26th" and status: processing. A couple days later it changed to "Current Status: You have been or will soon be contacted about your application. If you require more information immediately please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" I called that number and they confirmed the application was sent to the CFO office of my province.

I've read here and elsewhere that some people got their interviews a few days after this change and its been about 3 weeks for me now. I'm a bit concerned as I am leaving the country in early August and am gone for a month, and won't have the phone that I put on the application on me. What do?

Quote Originally Posted by Formidable22 View Post
    How long does an RPAL application typically take once it gets to the Ontario CFO?

I mailed mine in to Miramichi mid May, and they got it a week later. Showed up on the website "received June 26th" and status: processing. A couple days later it changed to "Current Status: You have been or will soon be contacted about your application. If you require more information immediately please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" I called that number and they confirmed the application was sent to the CFO office of my province.

I've read here and elsewhere that some people got their interviews a few days after this change and its been about 3 weeks for me now. I'm a bit concerned as I am leaving the country in early August and am gone for a month, and won't have the phone that I put on the application on me. What do?
    Call them. They may do your interview right then.