Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My big issue is I've been trying to find a place to go where I can shoot my Mosin at longer range, but every single range that's within an hour drive of me is members-only, most of them are indoor pistol-only, and they all command a $400 --> $700 per year membership fee.

There is a range out west a bit that I went to a month or two ago that wasn't too bad, cheap yearly fee ($125 year) but you still paid small amounts each time you went, and that was about 2 hours away from me. I haven't been to Silverdale, but I would really like to check it out, at some point... They definitely seemed to have the best facilities for the best price, but they're also about 2 hours away.

Maybe I'm just not used to this, yet, haha, is 1 - 2 hours drive to a good range something a lot of people do? What is your guy's drive time to your range?

Quote Originally Posted by Garetsu View Post
    My big issue is I've been trying to find a place to go where I can shoot my Mosin at longer range, but every single range that's within an hour drive of me is members-only, most of them are indoor pistol-only, and they all command a $400 --> $700 per year membership fee.

There is a range out west a bit that I went to a month or two ago that wasn't too bad, cheap yearly fee ($125 year) but you still paid small amounts each time you went, and that was about 2 hours away from me. I haven't been to Silverdale, but I would really like to check it out, at some point... They definitely seemed to have the best facilities for the best price, but they're also about 2 hours away.

Maybe I'm just not used to this, yet, haha, is 1 - 2 hours drive to a good range something a lot of people do? What is your guy's drive time to your range?
    10 to 15 mins by car, but that's cause it's an indoor range. Out door would be closer to 30 mins ish. The drive time for you might also be because you're in the GTA...