Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    During debate in the House, a government member stated that - should C-42 become law - there will no longer be any requirement to belong to an approved shooting club or range.
    Are you sure?
    I heard an MP say that if Bill C42 becomes law that there will no longer be any requirement to belong to an approved shooting range to transport a firearm there.
    I did not hear an MP say that if Bill C42 becomes law that there will no longer be any requirement for a target shooter to belong to an approved shooting range to renew an RPAL.
    I did not hear an MP say that if Bill C42 becomes law that there will no longer be any requirement for a target shooter to belong to an approved shooting range to purchase a restricted firearm.

John Barlow (con, alberta)

As a result of an authorization to transport being made a condition of a restricted licence, some people have asked whether it would be a requirement of getting a licence to be a member in good standing of a shooting club or shooting range. The clear answer to this is no. There would be no requirement in law for individuals to maintain a membership at a gun range in order to transport their restricted firearms.

May 25, 2015
    http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicati...&Parl=41&Ses=2 &Language=E&Mode=1
    Admittedly, politicians are not usually accurate in their statements, but that's what he said.

I have heard a lawyer say that that there has never been any requirement for a target shooter to belong to an approved shooting range to renew an RPAL or to purchase a restricted firearm.
    Last edited by RangeBob; 05-30-2015 at 07:25 PM.