Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Go get it now. Sooner or later, the liberals are going to get back in power, and one thing is for sure....they aren't going to make it any easier to get. I tell everyone the same thing. Get your restricted endorsement now, and buy at least one semi auto handgun with the shortest legal barrel you can find. Ask all the guys out there who don't have the 12(x) endorsements on their pals how much they wish they had known how things were going to go down, and how much they wish they'd acted when they had the chance.
    what he said.

Go get it now. Sooner or later, the liberals are going to get back in power, and one thing is for sure....they aren't going to make it any easier to get. I tell everyone the same thing. Get your restricted endorsement now, and buy at least one semi auto handgun with the shortest legal barrel you can find. Ask all the guys out there who don't have the 12(x) endorsements on their pals how much they wish they had known how things were going to go down, and how much they wish they'd acted when they had the chance.
    X3
    Just be fore warned that you are starting down a slippery slope.
    This starts innocently enough as a hobby and as most can attest to on here becomes a full blown habit.
    I bought a 1911 a month ago and am SO wanting to go to the range even though its -20 that I could almost scream.
    CFSC and CRFSC Instructor to Santa

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Just when you least expect it, someone will offer you a Colt SP-1 and you will have to say no just because of the letter R!
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Oh here's a good reason not to get it...

You'll notice your bank account balance getting lower, your home having more gun cabinets full of handguns and AR15s and piles of ammunition, and you'll also start getting antsy when weeks have gone by without shooting.
    "Father Time is undefeated. He's lost to nobody. Not even Mother Nature."

5. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By harbl_the_cat

Edenchef (01-13-2015), greywolf67nt (01-14-2015), Hornychief (02-21-2015), Tonsper (01-19-2015)

Go for it. It's like "Axe" for adults, women will find you irresistible.
    YMMV.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” ― George Orwell

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

lone-wolf (01-13-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo830 View Post
    I don't really plan on owning any restricteds although that could change.
    I remember saying that LOL. Get it and don't look back. Good luck!

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Just to add onto that, buy at least one centernfire revolver, and one 22 as well....again, the shorter the barrel, the better. That should cover you for most of any new "evil gun" crap they might come up with that may have grandfathering involved.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

Reasons to get an RPAL

Guns
    More guns
    Different guns

And it may get harder to acquire in the future.
    Dear NFA - I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireFans View Post
    Reasons to get an RPAL:
    Guns
    More guns
    Different guns
    And it may get harder to acquire in the future.
    Ladies and gentlemen, je vous presente the Brevity World Champion for 2015.

Harbl, pay attention! This is how you say more with less.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

Gaidheal (01-20-2015)

I know you're already convinced, but I have to add myself to the Do It crowd. You never know when it may come in handy, and for something other than spending money. My dad never had much reason to do it either, until my grandfather got sick and decided to pass all his guns down. Now Granddad's revolver is coming to me for safe keeping while Dad gets the full license he wishes he'd gotten in the first place. Good thing I have my RPAL, or it would be out of the family.
    I like guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast