Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
Did you actually READ my post? I clearly stated that I realize I’m not their only customer. I also stated that I contacted Darius on the 26th of July. That’s 13 days ago. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a reply in that time. I’m just asking the guys who received shipping notices what the process was.

My intent is not to stir up issues or badmouth Aztech. I also ordered from them because of how easy they were to deal with and they are local to me as I’m in Penticton often. I just want some info on where my $1000+ is. I’m sure there will be a happy outcome, but my purchase is for hunting, and the season is closing in rapidly and I need to find another option if they cannot provide what I paid for in the very near future.
How about calling? Or quickly emailing them again? Only they are going to give you the answer you are looking for. I had to do that with another business. It appeared that some emails, got lost in a junk folder. I purchased something in June, they took my money. But dealing with them before, there situations out of their control. And things take time, so normally if you need something quick, Importing might not be the best option. Due to too many factors.