Quote Originally Posted by tna0066 View Post
This short term/long term is such bs. I bought another handgun the other day, waiting on the the transfer/STATT. I already have a LTATT for other pistol. The LGS i bought from is also an indoor shooting range. I can drive there, shoot my 1st pistol, look at new one and go home, but can't bring new one home with me cause i am unsafe due to not being given my special piece of paper from WYATT and his squad of minions....be done with these completely. Buy gun, transfer to my name and let me take it home once done. No more of this STATT BS!!!!
That is very interesting. I just purchased a pistol from a friend, who belongs to the same club as I do. Talked to Miramichi and got the registration transfered, they also issued a one day STATT, to allow me to take it from his home to mine. Here's where it gets fun....they transferred me to the Alberta CFO, so I could get the LTATT. The Alberta CFO told me that the LTATT that I already have allows me to transport ANY restricted firearms to any place listed on the permit. Enen firearms that I do not own, but have borrowed. Since my friend has an LTATT and we both shoot at the same range; we both have a common destination on our LTATT's. I asked them if we could just meet at the range and do the handover. In typical mindless bureaucratic doublespeak she initially said of course not. I asked why? "Well he doesn't own the pistol anymore". I answered." So how is that different from if he borrows it"? Answer "Well it just is". (Facepalm)

Cheers!