Thread: RPAL interviews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Earlier this month, my application was listed as "processing" on the RCMP site, and I was leaving for vacation right away, so I phoned them to see if I could do my interview before leaving. The lady told me that I didn't need to do an interview, and gave me a phone number, extension, and reference number and suggested I get one of my references to call them.

For what it's worth, she told me that the interview requirements are based on the results of the background check that's done as part of the process.

The reference said he had a bit of trouble getting a hold of the person at the extension, but the interview was all pretty standard violence related questions. It must have gone well, as the RCMP site now lists my licence as mailed. Good thing, as the PAL this RPAL is replacing expires in Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by killer_chickens View Post
    For what it's worth, she told me that the interview requirements are based on the results of the background check that's done as part of the process.
    I wonder what their deal is with me? I've been waiting more than a month AFTER the reference called in and nothing yet. I will call them tomorrow and see what's up.

Can't imagine they'd find anything on me that would give them grief - it's not like I'm even asking for a PAL to get my 1st gun... wife and I are both grandfathered for just about everything but full-auto.

LOL
    pog mo thon