Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RPAL interviews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had a couple weird questions for a friends interview too like "Is he the type of person to solve a problem with violence?"

I must fart rainbows, my references weren't even called.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    I had a couple weird questions for a friends interview too like "Is he the type of person to solve a problem with violence?"

I've been asked that one a couple times. I've been a reference for at least a dozen people. "Have you got a few minutes to answer some questions, or would you like to call back at a more convenient time ?" Uhhhhh...no....I actually want this person to get their license sometime within the next dozen years, so we'll get this out of the way right now so there are no excuses. LOL.

Same old questions that have already been posted....basically, they're asking you in a long, drawn out way, if the person is sane, stable, and not a risk.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post

How about " Did Mr. X ever told you or have you heard him say that he wanted to end his life"
    I'll do what I have to do and deal with the consequences of my actions later

Does it ever seem to anyone else that this whole process is completely made up on the fly? I had zero references checked for RPAL, including my wife. But the way every person seems to have a different story makes it feel like they're drawing ideas out of a hat. Or maybe there's a magic 8 ball running the show at Mirimichi....

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Does it ever seem to anyone else that this whole process is completely made up on the fly? I had zero references checked for RPAL, including my wife. But the way every person seems to have a different story makes it feel like they're drawing ideas out of a hat. Or maybe there's a magic 8 ball running the show at Mirimichi....
    I think it's more of a lottery idea...maybe based on speeding tickets or something? I had no reference checks either, which just shows the system knows who is a good looking, stable, kitten feeding person.
    CSSA CCFR

yeah don't wait or you will be a year older..... call them and have your references call them
    any excuse,and I mean any , will be used to delay it, don't give them one, once the references are done you've pretty much got it
    when the web site says issued call again and get your number while its in the mail and then its all over but the shopping!

If you are waiting for a firearms license (or someone you know is waiting for one), and you think that enough time has passed, and you're wondering what the matter is, don't hesitate to call to ask about it.
    There might be an issue - like a reference they need to speak with - that will not be resolved until after you call (and learn about it).

If you think you've waited long enough, just call them.

Just called the RCMP they actually only did one interview and my card is on its way

They ask whatever they feel like asking and interview who they want. They never interviewed my wife
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Awesome! She was approved yesterday. Rode her ass to start calling and lo and behold, good to go......

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast